Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Chevelle Concept now Under Glass

customsrus

i think the problem you see is how the back end slopes off into the rear of the car. when i see that slope it instantly makes me think of 70's muscle cars and the chevelle. newer cars don't slope like that. if you look at the 69 camaro and a 2010 camaro the 69 slopes the 2010 stays straight to a definite angle down. also the higher ridge of the fenders sloping down into the trunk modern cars are more flat in that respect.

fantastic build though

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Got some more work done to this build today, still trying to work out the back end of this. I did away with the inner tail lights and added a center panel in between the lights, this panel will probably be painted black. If you look at a70 chevelle SS most of them a panel similar to this. I will make the panel lines narrower in the future.

IMG_1207-vi.jpgIMG_1208-vi.jpg

IMG_1209-vi.jpgIMG_1217-vi.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. Got some more work done to this build today, still trying to work out the back end of this. I did away with the inner tail lights and added a center panel in between the lights, this panel will probably be painted black. If you look at a70 chevelle SS most of them a panel similar to this. I will make the panel lines narrower in the future.

IMG_1217-vi.jpg

Bam! Thats the look it was missing before. The only change I would suggest is like others have mentioned... the sail panel area. It has the Impala feel too it cause the roof looks so low and long. It's not bad for the car but would love to see a little something different and more aimed at the 70 Chevelle. The rest of the cars body mods are based on that so it would seem fitting.

I swear though... if GM ever makes this car, I WILL BE WRITING THE CHECK!!!

I like the bumper alot better now. my suggestion is to flatten out the inboard side of the taillight so it is parallel to the up down line on your center panel. like the factory ones. then the lights wont be fighting the flow you have going on. I also agree with changing the rear side window to mimic the 70 chevelle shape. keep it up!