Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg has issued several versions of a Crown Vic police car...

http://www.lindberg-models.com/1_24_scalecars_pg5.htm

I'm wondering if they removed the door trim like you see in the illustrations?

Also wish Lindberg would update the model to reflect the '98-up bodystyle; this kit of the '97 originally hit right when Ford rebodied the CV using the Grand Marquis roofline :roll: Typical :wink:

Bob,

They won't update the car because being a snap kit it would require a new body. And since the cost of tooling the body is more than the rest of the kit including the box, probably won't happen!

P1010829-vi.jpg

Door trim is there!

8)

Wasn't there a 1/24 scale diecast of the '98-up CV? By Classic Metalworks, maybe?

Yes, I build 40 of these for people at my work to replicate our patrol cars. Testors also modeled Classic Metal works kits. I thought I heard someone is bringing these back to production.

Wasn't there a 1/24 scale diecast of the '98-up CV? By Classic Metalworks, maybe?

Classic Metalworks did the 98-up in black and white as assembled models in 1/24, and Testors sold them unassembled (with 5 different lightbars). Nice concept, but the exectution left a bit to be desired. The wheels are too small (not sure about the wheels/hubcaps but the version w/the full wheelcover has a wheel that's 1-2 scale inches too small in diameter and to me it sticks out terribly on this very large model w/overly large wheel openings), the front fender top isn't arched properly, it's as if someone drew the fender top with a straight edge instead of curving it. Looks really odd as the center of the hood is properly curved. Being diecast it would be difficult to remove the door trim. I've had one of these sitting out for awhile to try to get motivated to build it, but if I don't fix the shape issue, and glue in the doors and fill the ginormous door gaps, well...ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I wanted to build a Marauder from it. Would be far, far easier in styrene. Which I know will never happen :roll: