Model Cars Magazine Forum

79/80 Jeep Honcho Denim edition.

Hi guys,

here is my latest build, and the first I post on this category. Starting with a Revell model, I decide to have the Denim paint scheme, no decals available, and I didn't feel to do the paint myself, so exceptionnally I ask to a good friend which is a very good painter to do it for me. And as you can see, the result is very nice. Otherwise, the kit is box stock except for the wheels which came from an AMT Bronco, and the tires from my parts box. First time also with the Alclad for the front grill and bumper, they were molded in black so I just coated them, and apply the Alclad with the Aero.

Hope you'll like it !!!

DSC07011_zpsba79bccf.jpg

DSC07012_zpsd50975b3.jpg

DSC07013_zps2ad98ed9.jpg

DSC07014_zpsa7a74dab.jpg

DSC07015_zpsb7789254.jpg

Very nice but shouldnt the driveshaft be centered to the transmission and not the transfer case?

Honestly I don't know, this the way Revell design it, I haven't check on 1/1 reference to see if it was accurate B)

Thanks for your comments ;)

Honestly I don't know, this the way Revell design it, I haven't check on 1/1 reference to see if it was accurate B)

Thanks for your comments ;)

This is a very pretty Jeep. :D

The Jeep Quadra-track full time four wheel drive had both drive shafts coming off the drop side of the transfer case and Revell did a good job of modeling this. On Jeep Wagoneers that used this system the rear differential was offset to the right to line up with the drive shaft. This first system used the Borg-Warner 1339 transfer case from 1973-1979. The round pan shaped bulge on the back of the t-case where one might think the rear drive shaft should go is actually the gear reduction unit for the optional low range.

• 2 weeks later...