Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ebbro/Tamiya Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette

Cool. I got mine for Christmas and paid $39 for it, with free shipping. So you guys got good deals.

I'm still looking for a deal on the Trabant wagon version. I got the sedan version back in December.

Now someone mentioned that the Ebbro Renault 4 is available. There is only one in the 'bay right now at $46 with the seller being in Japan and a reasonable $12.80 in shipping costs. I guess we can all pine after this one now! :rolleyes:

And of course I don't know why I chase these so hard. I do love 1960s Euro cars since I grew up in Germany back then, so they are familiar to me. Still, I haven't even started a kit I've bought within the last two years! And there are so many cool models, I don't know where to start. I guess that's a good problem to have!

Cool. I got mine for Christmas and paid $39 for it, with free shipping. So you guys got good deals.

I'm still looking for a deal on the Trabant wagon version. I got the sedan version back in December.

Now someone mentioned that the Ebbro Renault 4 is available. There is only one in the 'bay right now at $46 with the seller being in Japan and a reasonable $12.80 in shipping costs. I guess we can all pine after this one now! :rolleyes:

And of course I don't know why I chase these so hard. I do love 1960s Euro cars since I grew up in Germany back then, so they are familiar to me. Still, I haven't even started a kit I've bought within the last two years! And there are so many cool models, I don't know where to start. I guess that's a good problem to have!

eBay is never the answer for Asian kits. The 4L is back ordered, but "available" from HLJ for $37.62, figure it'd be another $8 to ship it. Try HLJ you'll liiiiiiiiiiike it! Although I can't be held responsible for any addiction caused by the access to affordable Japanese model kits may cause to your budget. The 2CV Fourgonnette is a bit of a problem since it's OOP already, and none of the sources we use has any more in stock. Depending on how many Tamiya 2CV "bottoms" Ebbro purchased for the initial kit run, there's a chance it will not be reissued again until the next time Tamiya Spot-Runs their own 2CV kit (which they did when the Fourgonette came out originally)

It does tend to be the answer for Revell AG kits though, I picked up on of those Universals from a seller for $18. I don't see any that cheap, but keep in mind the price on it is somewhere in the $18-22 range, anything more than that and you're suffering M.S.R.P. mark-up syndrome. To get a Universal right now, you need(ed) to find someone who imported them from Germany. Tower Hobbies (and by default everyone else) will start carrying them in August for $19.95.

Thanks Brett. I'm probably best avoiding anything I don't know about that's addicting! :D I have enough issues

I think I'll just wait and see what happens. I have the Trabant saloon, as well as nearly every version of the 2CV including the 2CV Fourgonnette. The last Tamiya 2CV I got was at a show for $15, so I grabbed it. I do want to build at least two, one with the roof open and once closed. And the kits reflect different era cars as well.

As far as the rest of the stuff I 'need', I'm probably best just forgoing it for now, and I'll eventually find them at a show cheap. I'm anticipating that sometime in the future someone will get tired of their London Bus box taking up a lot of room, and will sell it to me cheap :P

Still, as I mentioned above, I have every cool kit that's been issued in the past 2 years and haven't even started one. I am trying to push a few more 20 year old kits off my bench right now, and what's next? A Polar Lights Beetle and a '74 Mustang II!

>I have the Trabant saloon

totally different as I understand it.

I got a Universal some weeks back for 19$ + 9 shipping. if they actually are on the shelf for 20$ at some point, I will buy another. that seems kinda cheap for a revell Germany kit though.

jb

>Shipping wasn't free on the two that I won.

really? the two I had watched just previous to this one both specified free shipping.

oh well you are right, just adjust the bids...you know that and I know that, now the question is...will others know that!!!

I never get too nervous over this "end of limited run" business...it just doesn't make sense to not reissue something if it sells out the first runs. what goes around invariably comes around and often at reduced prices.

still want that fourgonnette though!

jb

• 4 weeks later...

still want that fourgonnette though!

jb

I don't mean to gloat, but I just won another one of these from the same seller for a whopping total of $16.02. And that includes the fifty-three cents state sales tax! With another one on the way to my door, I've opened one up and begun the first stage of starting in on it. Probably go for a well-used look.