Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pick up truck/suv build?

Jared Roach

Ok, so I know this has been done to death, but I can't help myself knowing there is so many kits and people out there building a pick up or suv type vehicle I thought it might be a good idea to start another CBP.

I know I got many so it would be cool to see other peoples take on one all in one topic.

I just want to mainly have fun and see what you all got when it comes to a truck/suv.

So here is the ONE rule:

- Has to be a pick up/suv type vehicle and can be built any way you want to build it(stock, street, drag, 4x4, etc...) as long as it's still a truck at the end(no truck planes or ship trucks :lol: )

I think a good start date would be now and run till may 25. I think that would give you all(including myself) enough time to finish your build.

Also you can build as many as you like.

Let me know what your entry is and the style your gonna build it and I will list it here:

Entry's:

Bowtiebadboy33: 1965 chevy pick up-stock/mild custom

mopar01lee: 1979 Dodge d50- drag

YJislander: 1988 Ford F-250 4x4 Ext. Cab hauler, 1991 Ford F-350 4x4 Reg. Cab mud truck

MikeMc: 1956 ford f100 tow vehicle

prg5609: 1955 Chevy cameo pick up-Stock/ mild custom

cazxr2: s10 with extreme kit-street

Charlie8575: dodge A-100-? 1960 chevy pick up

airfilter: Jeep cj5-stock Ford f150 lightning

Corvette.Jeff: 1977 jeep cj7 4x4-offroad/4x4

modeler: ?

ewaskew: 53 Ford-custom

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Ok, since you guys said sure, I guess this will be the official build thread.

I have no clue how long the time frame will be, so I'll let you guys pick, I was thinking around 6 months or so.

I'll say anything that is a pick up/suv from 1950-present because I have many from different era's and I like all kinds trucks.

Let me know on what you think is a good time line and then I'll get the ONE guideline done.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

'55 f100......Rebuild as tow vehicle, needed to tow trailer for hauling rods and race cars.

427 SOCH, remove running boards, chop top, channel to lower around 19 and 23 Pegasus CL s, welded and reversed tailgate , wooden bed.

This is what is getting a face lift:

IMG_0369.jpg

Edited by MikeMc

Ok so here's what I am starting with, the revell '77 jeep cj7. It was an old build up so I got to taking it apart. I don't know If I'll use the frame or not, since I have plans for it which arn't 4x4 related. :)

sonoma519.jpg

sonoma517.jpg

sonoma520-1.jpg

sonoma523.jpg

sonoma528.jpg

sonoma529.jpg

sonoma541-1.jpg

Right now the paint is striping, and then after that I'll get some mock up pics

Hi bud am in got a chevy s10 extreme or an escalade ripe for building. Think al go s10 street that be ok. And may sounds spot on to me!!!!!

Ps jeep looking good. Am in the process of building a ford lightning with Suzuki gsxr on the back for my father in law. In the work bench. Looking forward to this build tho.

Edited by cazxr2

Well, before I can start my A-100...I'll have to find it!

I honestly have no idea where it could have gone.

I'll still do it, especially as multiples can be done. But for right now, I'm switching to an AMT 1960 Chevy pickup. This will be built as a stock truck, as will the A-100, once I find it.

Charlie Larkin