Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

hit the hobby shop for some putty and these 2 kits that I really dont need followed me home.

Also grabbed a new Iphone 4s to replace my broken one.

9EA89F7E-3ABD-443D-95AB-93A6C746EFEE-467-00000017669DB08F.jpg

so...How does that lancer build?....id like to see a wip of that kit built if i can find it?....does it have a left hand drive dash (USA)?...

New tires on the car!!! :angry:

Coming home from the kids last night someone had dumped a bunch of scrap metal on the road. Lost 3 tires!

So did two other poor people!

Seems some scrappers stole the stuff from a machine shop out in the country and lost part of it when they turned out onto the road!

I don't have insurance to cover it so I have to pay out of pocket. Luckily I qualified for the Bridgestone card and have 6 months to pay. But still more than I can really afford. :(

New tires on the car!!! :angry:

Coming home from the kids last night someone had dumped a bunch of scrap metal on the road. Lost 3 tires!

So did two other poor people!

Seems some scrappers stole the stuff from a machine shop out in the country and lost part of it when they turned out onto the road!

I don't have insurance to cover it so I have to pay out of pocket. Luckily I qualified for the Bridgestone card and have 6 months to pay. But still more than I can really afford. :(

Last night driving in a night rallye, I came over a rise to find a big buck standing in the road. My ABS kept me straight, but it sure looked like I was gonna have "grilled" venison. Then he just calmly walked away like he owned the road. I was shaking for a while.

Living here in the sticks, i've seen my share of deer standing in the road. I have to wonder...the old expression "He had the look of a deer caught in the headlights". When it comes to the deer...is that look fear, or arrogance? I've seen alot of deer that look like they think they own the road. I vote for arrogance. ^_^

Me too, especially this one. He had a rack that was the biggest I've ever seen...it was quick, but I would say a 15 or 16 pointer. Someones gonna get a nice buck come hunting season

Last night driving in a night rallye, I came over a rise to find a big buck standing in the road. My ABS kept me straight, but it sure looked like I was gonna have "grilled" venison. Then he just calmly walked away like he owned the road. I was shaking for a while.

and in the three years we lived up there we found it was not a once in a lifetime experience either! :lol:

I can still see that smear of deer snot across my door window as I barely missed a big buck on my way to work one morning! Don't think my Sunbeam Alpine would have been in too good of shape had I hit him!

How is the quality of Academy's kits? I've heard good and bad,but it's been mostly secondhand(so and so said). Are they from Tamiya's tooling like what Testor's did with Fujimi and Italeri?

Of the first generation Humvee kits the Academy ones are the best, Tamiya is missing some underside detail and came out after the Academy kits. This may be from Academy having more access to HMMWV since they're out of South Korea where the US and ROK use them. Tamiya used a Italeri Humvee for their M242 Bushmaster equiped test mule.

Haven't built any of the kits but the tires should be replaced, not much for the Academy kits for sagged/weighted tires except for the new tool M1151. CMK makes a engine insert and IDF tires, Legend Production Special Forces Dumvee conversion and assorted modern equipment and Eduard does photo etch for the Academy line.

Edited by Roadkill2525

Me too, especially this one. He had a rack that was the biggest I've ever seen...it was quick, but I would say a 15 or 16 pointer. Someones gonna get a nice buck come hunting season

It's bow season right now since mid September until day before 9 day gun season...weekend before Thanksgiving. Yeah, the deer are running...it's the rut. Gotta watch it from dusk till dawn...that's when they're really on the move.

and in the three years we lived up there we found it was not a once in a lifetime experience either! :lol:

I can still see that smear of deer snot across my door window as I barely missed a big buck on my way to work one morning! Don't think my Sunbeam Alpine would have been in too good of shape had I hit him!

Hit one in June of 94 the deer thought she was faster than a truck doing 55 . Never did find her but lost a grill bumper and a head light.

I've been after a U.S W.W.2 Jeep for a while, I had been toying with the idea of getting the Italeri version, but word has it that the Hasegawa version is a little more accurate, so I managed to get this off ebay for the same price as the Italeri version, hopefully should get it this week ....

post-2058-0-25725300-1350855198_thumb.jp

This is some of the things I scored this weekend.

Got this one for 2 bucks.

Rokkes.jpg

Also added these 3 rigs.

Misc010.jpg

Atlas.jpg

This one is absolutely gorgeous. 39 Peterbilt for the tractor.

PEPBOYS001.jpg

Plus a couple of more building kits.

Got these on the auction at the benefit.

Half a gas tank. The guy buys these, and restores them and uses them for pin-striping practice, along with the plexiglass pieces.

Misc003-1.jpg

Misc004-1.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...