Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Polar Lights Full-Glue Batmobile Kit

ranma

• 4 weeks later...

The deluxe kit came with extra stuff including a turbine engine. The basic glue kit only came with the gas motor of the prop car, not the turbine it was claimed to have in the TV show. The deluxe kit also included some additional detailing bits, a photo etch fret etc.

The deluxe kits dried up pretty fast. I was planning on getting one but they were gone before I got around to it, although they do turn up on ebay from original retail to ridiculous prices. I'll be curious to see if this one includes the turbine, as that was really the only reason I wanted the deluxe edition.

Edited by Aaronw

The deluxe kit came with extra stuff including a turbine engine. The basic glue kit only came with the gas motor of the prop car, not the turbine it was claimed to have in the TV show. The deluxe kit also included some additional detailing bits, a photo etch fret etc.

The deluxe kits dried up pretty fast. I was planning on getting one but they were gone before I got around to it, although they do turn up on ebay from original retail to ridiculous prices. I'll be curious to see if this one includes the turbine, as that was really the only reason I wanted the deluxe edition.

They're still for sale at Amazon....

51OxOPGHndL.jpg <<< Click for External Link!

Edited by Drake69

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious how much better the glue kits look compared to the snap kit once completed and in the case . My daughter and I did one of the snap kits last year and are more than happy with it

It looks the same. As it's the same kit. Just more details underneath the body and such.

Unless they've changed them the wheels are too small.

Any paint masks in this one?

The deluxe kit mentions them on the box but they never got round to producing them so they were not inside.

The decals don't quite fit and if you use them you'll have to touch in the gaps. Gunze Sangyo Mr Color acrylic Orange mixed with Light Gull Grey gave me a perfect match.

Edited by zenrat