Model Cars Magazine Forum

I had the kit for years and finally manned up and began cutting. Dropped the top three scale inches, smoothed everything, and molded the fenders to the bed. Used the kit hemi and fabbed exhaust pipes from aluminum tube. I found the paint on sale at Kmart, in the sporting goods section no less. Green to purple was a good look for this one even if I do say so myself. Not a lot of detail but I was just happy to pull off my first chop.

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

DSCF0362.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

G

Brian, sorry for the late reply, thank you.

After building this I began "what iffing" it to death. I liked how the top came out but to me the body now required sectioning. I look at the side shot and think it's all out of proportion based on the classic 1/3 to 2/3's ratio.

Pray tell, what would you have done?

G

Brian, sorry for the late reply, thank you.

After building this I began "what iffing" it to death. I liked how the top came out but to me the body now required sectioning. I look at the side shot and think it's all out of proportion based on the classic 1/3 to 2/3's ratio.

Pray tell, what would you have done?

G

I don't mean to intrude on what might have been a private conversation, but I couldn't resist a suggestion. I'm not much of one to talk, not having really done these types of custom mods yet, but the first thing that caught my eye was the brick-like profile that I think you were referring to. Maybe make a pie cut on the hood to give it a bit of a rake and drop the nose a little. I think this would give it more of a sporty look. The nice thing is that you could do it without having to repaint the whole body.

Don't get me wrong, your work on this one is most impressive and the level of detail is top notch as well. I just thought I'd put my two cents worth in.

David G.

Edited by David G.

Wayne,

While I have never chopped a top on a model or 1:1, I will agree with your observation that this body needs some sectioning to have "the look". That alone is probably why I have yet to chop a top as the whole process of chopping AND sectioning a body scares the heck out of me!

I think as far as details go, yours has some nice ones and the color looks great.

Maybe someday I can get around to completing some of my builds so I can post them up here!

Thanks all.

Dave and Mike thanks for chiming in with your thoughts/observations. I can lose perspective working on something and need another pair of eyes. Granted this ones built but there are more to work on!

G

PS Jim,

How about lunch at Carnegie's Deli right there in the Mirage? Or dinner, or breakfast or.....????

LoL

Edited by AgentG