Model Cars Magazine Forum

Youthfullness

Welcome Nick, ignore dodger's comment, some are a bit anal retentive. I'm not under 16, lol, but wanted to welcome you. Hope we see some of your builds. Is your avatar you and your girlfriend?

Welcome Nick, ignore dodger's comment,

No Nick, don't ignore dodger's comment. Using the language correctly is imperative for success in life. No one will hire you for any sort of job if your resume is full of grammatical and spelling errors. NO ONE!

In spite of what you see in popular culture and on your smart phone, spelling is important.

Now, welcome to the forum and let's see some models! :lol:

And some will alway's be ignorant.

Who could let this pass? It's always - no apostrophe needed unless you are abbreviating or showing ownership ;)

Welcome to the spelling and grammar/model car forum! There are some pretty talented young builders here - myself not included.

Edited by Erik Smith

No Nick, don't ignore dodger's comment. Using the language correctly is imperative for success in life. No one will hire you for any sort of job if your resume is full of grammatical and spelling errors. NO ONE!

In spite of what you see in popular culture and on your smart phone, spelling is important.

Amen, Drew! :)

As an aside, I'm surprised Danny missed the first most glaring error: 'Youthfullness' is correctly spelled "youthfulness." :o

Welcome, Nick. Take the commentaries as opportunities to learn, not reasons to burn. You'll go farther and get farther that way. ;)

Not under 16, but I've been on forums (not this one in particular) since I was.

Don't worry too much about the spelling thing, yes it's important, but a typo here and there is understandable. We're human after all, right?

That is precisely my point. A mistake or two is fine. I do not like the text shortcuts that some use, but a spelling and puntuation mistake on occasion is ok. And, mr. dodger, I unlike you state am not ignorant, I just want to cut him some slack, which is more than I have seen some do here. Edited by midnightprowler

Take the commentaries as opportunities to learn, not reasons to burn. You'll go farther and get farther that way. ;)

Or would that be further? Farther would be a physical spacial distance. Further would be a figurative distance, as in, further in life... unless he ends up in Botswana. That would be pretty far. :)