Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 SCALE IS NOT BAD AFTER ALL

This video contains artistic nudity.

I am always amazed at how some artists make their way into the art world and how their styles mark them forever. In an way, doing the same thing over and over can be limited, but not if you love what you do.

Mr. Mueck's work is a fine example of how to capture the ideal colors for the human form.

Enjoy this Tuesday eye candy.

Cheers, DC

I've seen the seated big hairy naked man in the flesh (sic).

It is very unsettling as it looks so real. You get the feeling it'll suddenly go BOO! or wink at you.

And the there is that penis at eye level...

Edited by zenrat

I've seen the seated big hairy naked man in the flesh (sic).

It is very unsettling as it looks so real. You get the feeling it'll suddenly go BOO! or wink at you.

And the there is that penis at eye level...

Real creepy. None of them look very happy. But maybe thats the idea! Then there's that "penis at eye level" thing.........

I interviewed Ron for a book once... he's the nicest, gentlest, most NORMAL guy in real life. He's just staggeringly good at what he does. He learned his trade (the foundations of it, at any rate) in Jim Henson's Creature Shop in London, building puppets for The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Hoggle, the giant in Labyrinth, was one of his, IIRC. As time went on, he was working on ever more realistic puppets (I think for a John Boorman movie of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), and as you can see, he became a master of skin and hair made from foam and latex and acrylic thread... When the Boorman film fell though, he went back to Australia to try his luck as a fine artist, and as you can see, it worked out OK for him!

_I_ still remember him, though, as the quietly passionate craftsman who gave an entire afternoon to the geeky writer in the coffee room...

bestest,

M.

I was expecting ONE of the old women to move, but not sure which one...

I didn't recognize the name, but I know the work from Labyrinth and Dark Crystal. Hoggle was so freaky as a kid, becaue he looked so lifelike while being disproportionate.

The long haired guy looks like a young Charles Manson, and the giant, hollow face looks like Morrisey.