Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine

You are right about Model Cars being a great magazine. Like many of you I also receive SAE. That magazine seems to be on a diet--it keeps shrinking!! We have read the reasons i.e, fewer hobbyists, fewer advertisers. While SAE seems to be on a "diet", MCM seems to be gaining in size and strength. Yeah!! Keep up the good work!!

Bruce,

Needless to say I found a bunch of advertisers that I plan to purchase a ton of stuff from. The articles are wonderful, I was particularly fond of the Galaxie article and the GTO re-do! After a considerable number of years of me being absent from all aspects of the hobby, this magazine has opened my eyes to a lot of things I had NO clue were available. I am so impressed with the technical growth of the hobby over the years. I am 48 years old today, the last model I built was when I was 13 years old. I must confess that I am more excited about the hobby today than I was back then! I haven't been able to put the mag down. All I need to do now is move and get my slot car track up and running!!! I am soooooooooooooooo looking forward to that. Those Fly and Slot.It cars are awesome!

Since I got back into the hobby I have built 4 kits, so I will be needing a ton of room to display my stuff. My projected move is something I have been looking forward to.

Ever since Kalmbach bought SAE, it seems that SAE takes a back seat to Fine Scale Modelers, culd it be a move to eliminate what was a premier publication? Nah, I must be wrong.

Model Cars reminds me of tha enthusiasm that fostered tha NNL's and sooo much creativity. and besides MCM's print is large enuff so I don't have ta squint, even with my glasses on.