Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just For Fun....99% Of The Time Model Kit (and Others Too) Manufacturers Tool Up A 2 Door Coupe Or Hardtop, Now Of Which Cars You Would Rather See A..

gasman,

This is a cool idea, and it shouldn't be an impossible conversion-the two-door and four-door Foci hatches are the same size, so it ought to be a matter of cutting new door lines, moving the b-pillar, and modifying the door panels. Stock-size wheels and tires can be found on the Maisto die-cast SVT Focus, though I don't know where to get the great European package multispoke wheels in your photo.

I've had the kit to do this conversion for a few years now. I just havent started it yet.

Well talking cop cars how about the late 70's-90 Ford LTD / Crown vic, 80's Chevy Caprice Classic and Dodge Diplomat / Plymouth Gran Fury. All three would also be useful for taxi's, demo derby cars and old fart cruisers. :lol:

I'd like to see a late 70's Chevy Nova and Ford "baby" LTD too, a combination of the gas crunch and kinder gentler police managers saw a lot of police departments adopting these smaller cars. I want to build one of San Francisco PD's baby blue Nova "police services" cars, the only time in the departments history that they didn't use the blue and gold SFPD 7 point star on their cars.

Useful for police cars but also just a good looking car in my opinion is the early-mid 70's Plymouth Satellite.

Edited by Aaronw

some big 70's Ford Galaxie and LTD and some Mercury Marquis Brougham and a Colony Park for all those missing cop cars! heck just check out the 70-73 Ford LTDs! mean looking cars!

AMT did a Ford Interceptor Police Car, it doesn't say so on the box but it is a 70 Ford Galaxie. My understanding is the LTD is just a different trim level of the Galaxie. Old style model but still a decent kit if you can live with metal axles. It wouldn't hurt to see a more modern version of this kit though, I like those big Fords.