Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Chevelle

Cool Hand

Thankyou very much for all the replies and comments,as always they are greatly appreciated.

Reason I stated it "aint nothing special" is due to it being a curbside (no engine or chassis detail)

Is there clear on it or just really smooth base?

No clear Brodie.

And yes,before the black was applied it had an ultra smooth base (wet sanded the Mr Hobby 1000 primer/surfacer with 2000 up to 8000.

How about some details on how you did that slick paint job? Maybe a mini-tutorial?

As stated above wet sanding the primer is the main factor for getting the TS-14 to go on so smooth.

When I start a new build that will be painted black,il try piece together a tutorial showing the process I use when doing black paint jobs.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Once again thank you for the additional replies and comments.

Without a clear coat?!?!??

This must be a joke...

Amazing work..

No joke,it does not have a clear coat and it has not been polished.

As Steve Z'man said, when know/learn how to apply a solid colour correctly,no clear or polishing is needed.

And thanks Z'man for the compliment about my paint skills.

dude how were you able to slam it like that? I want to learn how to make builds like this!

Well if you are not concerned with chassis detail/parts or an engine,its fairly easy to slam any kit.

Pm me if you have a car/build in mind that you want to slam,and il try help you work out how to lower it.