Model Cars Magazine Forum

Florida car/truck builders

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Adam....Might be a couple of us coming across the alley :unsure::D:P

Best part is the cost....The better 1/2 thinks no admission.....I won't spend :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

She didn't notice "vendor tables" on the flyer !!!!!!

Edited by MIKE THE MANIAC

We look forward to having you at the show. Keep checking the site as news is coming fast as the show approaches http://way2manyhobbies.com/Table_Top_Nats.html

Thanks Adam....Might be a couple of us coming across the alley :unsure::D:P

Best part is the cost....The better 1/2 thinks no admission.....I won't spend :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

She didn't notice "vendor tables" on the flyer !!!!!!

For those of you coming to the show, Bob at Model Car garage has asked me to ask you guys if there is something specific you want from him to let me know so he is sure to bring it. You can email me at modelcarcreations@gmail.com I will need to know by Monday the 17th so he can prepare. See you all at the show

For More Information http://way2manyhobbi...e_Top_Nats.html

Well last year we had about 170 builds I figure. The car show is huge though. Reason enough to make the trip. The model contest is just icing on the cake. However you gotta know that the model show is in the vendors pavilion and the masses are there. The MAGS club is great about keeping the grubby paws off the builds. But the possibility of getting a build damaged exists more here than any other show I've been too, as it's not just model fans at the show. The MAGS guys are out there in force though with wives and friends to police the tables, and keep everything safe. Gotta leave builds overnight in the building too. Registration on Sat, awards on Sunday. Hope to see everyone. All the rest of the info is in my post in the costests section of this forum.

Hum, I don't know how I feel about leaving the builds over night . . .

I'm with ya there. They do the judging at night after the show is closed. After everyone leaves at least one member camps out and there is a couple security guards in the building as well because of all the expensive verdor property. But still........I understand your apprehension.

Hum, I don't know how I feel about leaving the builds over night . . .

Virgil, I've been to the show a few times in the past and have never had any reservations regarding leaving my models there overnight. The Mags group does an excellent job at policing the show and to the best of my knowledge they have never had any issues with damage or missing models. The only two negatives that I could come up with for this show is the amount of space that they are given. With good participation comes a congested area. Secondly, the overall cost of this show to compete in is not the most favorable. First, it's at least a two day show so you have to pay for parking each day, one days admission to the event (each model participant gets a free pass to come back in on Sunday) and since I was last there now there is a registration fee for the contest. It all adds up. For me it's hard to commit to that each and every year. I wish it was different because it is a good show to attend.