Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Ford Mustang GT Update.............Making a pretty face prettier! 8/22/15

MrObsessive

Bill, did you paint the brightwork on the interior or did you foil it?

I used foil on the seats, door panels, and console. On the dash, I had to paint it as the BMF wouldn't take to the complex surfaces, particularly on the driver's side with the gauges and all. Not an exact match, but in a closed car such as this, it won't be seen as readily.

One thing I'll need to do yet according to my reference pics, is to add some kind of brightwork to the rear "parcel" area. This is showing where the floor meets the rear seat, and top of the seat which I take is a hinge for it to fold. I'll definitely do that before everything is set in permanently.

Stance isn't bad, but the rear may sit just a scooch too low. I have seen 1:1's sit just like this so this may not be a problem.

Bill, that is a "normal" stance for Mustangs, ass down a bit. My son in law keeps saying they have weak rear springs.

Bill's steering wheel is showing only 3 indentations ,...not 4 holes

That's true, but if you notice on the ends, the horn buttons are there, like what is on the custom wood grained wheel as Bill did it.. AMT did not do the steering wheel with 4 holes as it should have been, but three holes in each spoke.

Fellas, I won't fret over the steering wheel. :rolleyes:

At this stage of the game, my goal is to sometime hopefully soon......get it done! AMT missed the mark on quite a few things with this one---some glaring misses, some not so much. The steering wheel configuration to me is not a show stopper.

Bill, I think the interior looks great, really! Don't fret the wheel spoke holes. The wheel spoke hole counter person may never show up anyway, they have a full load this time of year. I think the stance looks fine too, and , the chassis is a beautiful thing as well, build on my friend!

Gene

• 4 weeks later...

I jumped into your build form the tips and tricks section to see how you did the new windows for this build.

Now you have total sucked me into reading the whole darn thing!

I really want to commend you for SHOWING how you do stuff, the process and giving sources for materials

Too many threads from high end model builders show pictures of the finished result and how pretty it is to get a bunch of gushing compliments from us pions..but we never learn how to do anything

So now this pion will take stuff I learned from you and try to rebuild the 1/16 AMT 65 Mustang glue bomb I got from E Bay for $11

Thanks man, Scott