Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nice work Jeremy. I've had issues myself with some kits decals. And it never seems to be a particular brand of kit either, I have had it happen with AMT kits, Revell, and different types of import kits. It just seems to mostly happen with older kits that have sat around for a long time. Don't know of there is any aftermarket solution out there to your problem, but I'm sure if there is, someone on here will be able to steer you in the right direction.

the problem with decals falling apart can be solved with foresight: brush some future over them, or spray them with some clear lacquer or use some decal preservative solution commercially available. it makes it so you have to trim the decal very tightly, and they will probably take longer to release from the backing sheet (don't get rough with them or they will still split) but they will hold the things together for application.

jb

No don't go all Jeremy Clarkson, he's a pain in the backside here. Nice car, nice kit, if I could do a top chop, I'd convert it to a Range Rover Sport. The factory is just up the road. We see a lot of camo'd prototypes, all Land Rover / Jaguar vehicles.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the build, well done so far!

Edited by PatW

That is awesome... My 10 yr old son and I love that show. I better not let him see that, or I'll have to do that to his room. I might have to do it anyways.. thx for showing that... Is that just painted on or what? a fathead maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...