Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mannix 1972 Cuda Convertible

Bob Ellis

The '72 Cuda convertible is finally looking like it should. The primer helps see how it looks.

The turn signals deleted by MPC, had to be put back.

Rear pan fits great with the chassis now. I had to slice some material where there was a rib keeping the chassis from sliding in.

Oh yeah, apparently The Brady Bunch had a '72 Barracuda convertible too. I would have to use a flat hood instead of the shark hood. It will stay as a Mannix 'Cuda.

This Mannix Cuda is not painted a standard Chrysler color. Beginning with the '68 Dodge Dart Desilu studios decided this British green color was best for filming the show. As a result, the Cudas following the Dart were painted the same color when Paramount owned the show. Not my choice of color to paint a nice Cuda, but this is what they looked like.

• 2 weeks later...

On a snap 'cuda project I was working on a while ago I made headlight buckets out of an AMT Duster grille

173333_1.jpg

Wow, I really like that! I'll have to see if I have a Duster in the stash. That simple change improves the look of this whole kit at least 200%! Well done!