Model Cars Magazine Forum

Congratulations Dr Cranky...

Virgil this is the next Model Car Show in the area! They have a good turn out, and They have Billet Proof and Rat Rod Classes, that get several entries each year. They also Classes for Dioramas, Customs, Competion cars, etc.

They have some very good models entered each year, but I believe you would do very well against them!

Billetproof Florida March 17, 2012

Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing

13700 SW 16th Avenue

Ocala, Florida

Thanks for the information. Darn it, I want to make it down for that show, but I can't this year. :(

Besides, I've always wanted to visit the museum!

You do realize that all of the cars in the museum are going to have shine on them out the ying yang , don't you ?

Just want to forewarn you , running out of the place holding your eyes and screaming , " The shine " , " The Shine " , " Make it go away " , might not sit well with some other folks !

You could take Crazy Jim with you , best you take a bedsheet to wrap around his neck to catch all of the drool . Slobber on the paintwork might not go over too well either !

Glenn, nothing wrong with starting out with RUST! Of course, don't ask Jim. :lol:

He is so young that whatever he wants to build is fine. It's great to see kids really enjoying the principle nature of models, which is having fun and building them!

Donn, I know, I know and I've been wanting to go in there and go blind with the shine. Actually, I am hoping to make it down there some time this year.

The Billetproof model show will be hosted by MAGS - they do a fantastic job. It's my understanding that the models will be outside. You might find it difficult to believe, but I'm planning on entering a SHINY :) :) :) build.

If & when you go to Bid Daddy's museum and you want company, just let me know. I live about 20-30 minutes away.

Dr. your awesome and all of your how to videos are great. You always seem positive and really excited about this fun hobby we all enjoy. Definitely inspires me all the time. Anyone I know who builds something rusty or apocalyptic I refer to as "Crankys style". Yes good sir you have your own style :lol: Keep them post and builds coming, I like them all.

LOL, Steve, I've always considered it great therapy. You know how many thousand of dollars I have saved in therapy? Money I can

then spend on more styrene. HA!

It didn't work , Virg ! You're still shy a couple of bulbs in the chandelier ! Then again , look whose talking , I think it's a toss up between which one of us is crazier ! Lmao !