Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alittle (or alot) About me some may not know

I know alot have seen my name around the many forums,groups etc......And probly really dont know me so heres some info about me.......

I went by Mjracing99 for along time (been online since 1998 late) my addiction for plastic that i just cant get enough of! and more is never enough! LOL!

Then one night in PSAB chat i realized i needed a new name that would fit me better and everyone thought for the longest time and Jim Bolden came up with Styro! because of all the scratch building i do and what i use, which is Styrene so its styro for short.......( I know corny but it fits well!) So now you know the rest of the story..........

My builds used to and have always been so-so! I may have caught on to a few things and may have missed alot over the years to my finish's (color) and tried to keep my builds the best i could at the time....After being on line since 1998 i have learned so much more then magazines! and even went to a few shows later on in the coming years,And have always tried to better myself for which i did.........

One day while surfing evilbay i managed to buy some old build ups to see if i could rebuild them and make them better then they first was.. (gotta tell ya the truth some of them i didnt wanna restore cause they had such a nice finish!) so i tried to better them in other areas..........and did pretty good............

Then i dont know what happened 4 years ago i have been restoring junkers stuff that should have been tossed out in the trash and have learned so much since then! it gets to a point now i just look at them and say i can fix that and its a easy one too! were as 4 years ago i would be like ACK! theres no way i can fix that!...... I am so glad to be able to restore old junkers etc........ thats got to be the passion for the hobby we're as we never can get enough! we always want more! and for that i keep plugging along! I did get burnt out tho believe it or not! and wanted to take a break and i think the move helped alot in that aspect and i feel differently now and still like to restore...........

Another thing i would like to bring up is all the help i have gotten by all the seasoned builder 's! if it werent for them were would we be in this plastic addiction world!!!!

There is one person i owe so much for his help and that would be Irvin Arter!(Arter Rake as much of you know).The hardest part in any build is the attention to detail which is what i was missing the most on and thanks to Irvin i now realize that and try to pay attention..........I dont wanna leave all the other people who helped thru emails etc! i owe you guys alot for all the info! and for takin the time to help the little guy out of the mud..........errrrrrrrr rut........

What he did was take the time to show me how to better my paint jobs! ( i was doing so-so and they looked decent enough) But to take the time and step by step really does help out!!! and to see it first hand really helps!.

Thank you so much buddy!!!!!

Know i know we all have this sickness and i know its not just me! But here it goes!

I live by one rule (if one would call it a rule) and that is i start as many project in a day as one has the hours............. most people get dizzy!!!! even me! LOL.

So i am sorry if my post Stray all over the board! we all have a flavor and mine is worst then 101 Flavors from baskin robins! LOL..

So bare with me (cloths on people please! i heard that) for when i post about something and i just love to share i guess! and please remember im not better then anyone out here more or less.......... i am lessor............

ALso one more thing to remember when i post about whats on the bench it is a project i am workin on at that time and at any time it may change! but rest assured i will get back to it again (but may take months) because i am all over the work bench! i have alot on the go with everyday life and each and every project on the bench! mood changes alot i guess!!!

Now can i say i am normal (probly not) but its that addiction called PLASTIC!

We now return you to your normal broadcast station. as this was a break........or would that be called a test LOL!! :twisted:

dont mind me im lost! and not a good follower.......

PS: i know i left something out! I am good for that...........

MJ your new name here will be "Otter" , just kiddin, see ya got alot of older plastic to work on , watch that Mr Obsessive or you'll have models with door locks that work and you'll lock youself out with the car running and never get that kit done , ;) . Some of these guys are pushin the bar thru the roof...........

watch that Mr Obsessive or you'll have models with door locks that work and you'll lock youself out with the car running and never get that kit done , :D . Some of these guys are pushin the bar thru the roof...........

HEY!

That's something I haven't tried yet!1264.gif