Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charles Carpenters 1955 Chevy Pro Mod......FINISHED...06/09/13

tyrone

Tyrone... You have hit a home run with the paint on this. I am so impressed with how you executed the paint. It is spot on. I love howyou got the orange to fade into the yellow so perfect. And painting all of the silver. I also love the pic with the '57 ....totally killer

thanks alot fellows for the kind words.... I really appreciate it... well I've got the clearcoat polished out to a nice shine and I've added the glasses... still need to add the bolthead detail to them ... I also painted the rear tailights, and added dzus fasteners to the front end...

018-2-4.jpg

021-3-4.jpg

023-2-3.jpg

025-1-1.jpg

026-2.jpg

027-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks alot fellas... I really appreciate the kind words.. I got my package in from Charlie at Pro Tech, and I've the nut and bolt head details done on the windows, and the rear spoiler... I also painted the inside of the doors semi-gloss black, and then added carbon fiber decals... thanks for looking and comments welcome....

002-2-5.jpg

003-1-5.jpg

004-4-6.jpg

005-4-8.jpg

006-4-9.jpg

Nice work Tyrone, I don't know if you do it this way but Future works great for attaching those bolt heads to windows or any other gloss surface. Just a small dab with a fine brush where you want the bolt head to go.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Thanks alot fellas for all the kind words... I really appreciate it.... Well I am calling this one done for now and moving this one from the bench to the case.. lol... I work on this one alot yesterday and got it finished up after church... I added the nos bottles and the plumbing, as well as the tank for the shifter... I also go the radiator, fuel cell and the last few hoses added to the engine area... I got a new order in from Charlie at Pro Tech... and he was nice enough to give me some of his new parachute kits to try out, and man let me tell you they are nice... I chose to wrap mine with medical tape colored with a black sharpie... Thanks again to every one who looked in and left a comment or not... it's motivating when people like what you're doing and I really appreciate it.... :D

001-1-8.jpg

004-4-7.jpg

005-4-9.jpg

006-4-10.jpg

008-3-11.jpg