Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 '69 nitrous pro mod camaro

comp1839

Holy smokes......Dave, AWESOME work on the rear end cage work and chute support. B) B)

Hope you do not mind me borrowing your pics to use as guidance? They are without a doubt, the BEST source of information for ALL us guys you know. ;)

Mostly because you take the time and effort to show everything in such great detail, more than a bloke can get from most chassis shop sites.

As you say, it may not always be exactly as 1:1, but it sure looks the goods. Two thumbs up again mate. ;)

PS: Yes, back at the bench, though I'm tackling a couple of little ones (1/25) which I thought I'd never do again. :lol:

Gotta get to a shop and get hold of some more tubing for the big girl, the stuff I have is not the easily bendable kinda tube. :(

hey, outlaw 105, scott, mike, greg and henry. thanks guys. sorry for the lack of a reply earlier.

outlaw 105, yup, they're pretty big. it takes a long time to build them. awesome amounts of fun.

greg, glad you're back at the bench and of course i don't mind if you borrow the pics.

henry, clint and chris, thanks a ton guys.

dave, glad you like the way i mount the front hubs. it allows me to set the front end geometry and then build the chassis to meet the strut.

scott, it probably wouldn't be to hard for most of you to solder the gussets in. i have a problem with shaking at times. the fitment of the gussets is as tight as i can make them.

• 2 weeks later...

joe and jeff, thanks so much for the comments. i'm a little late, i know but,..........

still working on all the front suspension / steering pieces. the front struts needed steering arms so i carved a pair up and put receiver grooves in the struts for them.

DSCN4321_zps0deb460f.jpg

DSCN4322_zps459e8c1f.jpg

DSCN4323_zpsbc5804f4.jpg

DSCN4324_zps835be4be.jpg

Looking good, hope you made a load of those tiny parts while the mill was 'setup'.

The last time I made clevises and rod ends, I made many copies......just in case.

I think the hardest part about making these intricate parts is covering them with a shield or body panel. :)

Nice work.

dave, thanks, i know what you mean sometimes you just hate covering up all the little details.

henry, chris and scott thanks guys. i appreciate your comments and thoughts.

so, after making all those little parts i had to put them to good use. the lower arms are just mocked on for now. need to install all the extra hardware later.

DSCN4328_zps72e6ccf9.jpg

DSCN4329_zpsc87458d9.jpg

DSCN4330_zpsb6f28c20.jpg

DSCN4334_zps2b8d4c56.jpg