Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Custom (Finished, see it in Under Glass forum 3-7-13)

rmvw guy

looking nice.. engine looks sweet.

Thanks Andre, how's yours coming along, haven't seen you on here in a while? You are one who helped me get mine started. I might have been finished by now if I would quit baking up to do things twice. :lol: Thanks for the comments.

Local hobby store still has no BMF. Took a trip to Hobbytown USA in Indy over week end and no BMF there neither, is this stuff getting hard to come by? I corrected the two-tone this morning under the trunk lid and a little strip under the back window. ( Thanks Brett for the tip.) I want some BMF before I give up on that idea. I really like the way this one is turning out so far. DSC04334_zps3999efb8.jpgDSC04335_zps02751706.jpg Thanks for looking. Let me know what you think good or bad.

Why not just place an order with Ricki over at Scale Dreams?

Thanks Jim, I might give that a try in a couple of days if local hobby store doesn't come through. He was at $6.95 a package which I don't think is too bad plus I'm hoping he will let me see if there is any wrinkles in it before I buy it.

Thanks Andre, how's yours coming along, haven't seen you on here in a while? You are one who helped me get mine started. I might have been finished by now if I would quit baking up to do things twice. :lol: Thanks for the comments.

Mine is almost done.. fixed the pipes. tried to spray my hood again. but messed the one up again. SO I have to wait then sand it down again. I will post some pics tonight.

Why not just place an order with Ricki over at Scale Dreams?

Thanks Jim, I submitted an order today. They have some other neat stuff also I ordered. I finally gave up on LHS, no wonder so many of them are going out of business. I'm a patient man but, I want to get on with my project. Thanks again. Finished up interior last night, finally found my lost exhaust tip which was still in the bag. :lol: These things are so small and hard for these old eyes to see. It looks like the BMF will be the last finishing touch.

Getting ready to finish this one up, just waiting on foil, hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I still haven't opened up the bag of chrome yet and a few more decals to apply. Now is not the time to get in a hurry I keep telling myself. Thanks for looking and all the encouragement. A few more pictures. DSC04378_zpsbd2c5eef.jpgDSC04379_zps5528f22f.jpgDSC04380_zps19b3563d.jpg

Thanks for all the positive feedback. My order from Scale Dreams arrived today after only three days and in perfect condition, which is surprising considering my mail lady usually folds every thing in half to fit in the mailbox easier. The Bare Metal Foil is perfect so far thanks to excellent service from Scale Dreams. My days of visiting the local hobby shop may be over with gasoline at $3.78 a gallon and a 20 mile round trip. Total shipping on my order was $3.45. I already made three trips to LHS for my BMF that never came, and the owner has been in Washington D.C. at a hobby show all week. For some reason I have little spots of super glue all over my fingers so, I may hold off until that comes off before attempting the BMF. This gives me plenty of time to read the instructions over and over. Pictures coming soon!DSC04409_zps85b20361.jpgDSC04410_zps5ce50929.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy