Model Cars Magazine Forum

van builds finished or wip

Tom,

Your vans are incredible! I remember you posted the green Ford Econoline in another thread a while ago.

Every last detail down to the spare tire in the back of the Chevy is spot on. I had to go back and look at the pictures a few times to make sure they were models.

BTW, what paint/color(s) did you use on the green Ford Econoline?

Mike.

Thank you. the Greens were Dupli-Color Hampstead Green, and Dark Jade Green.

Has anyone compared the AMT 'Phantom' to one of the MPC Ford Econoline vans(Sunrunner, Juke Box...)?

The bodies looks very similar. I have an old glue bomb MPC Sunrunner that's falling apart but don't have a Phantom for comparison.

Did you mean, if they are different? I think, the mpc (for example the Off Road Van) is the same like the amt Vantom, chuckoo nest, disco van, hyper hut, etc.

They're different kits.

Differences in the bodies are a few comparing the MPC Sorcerer van to the Vanton/Phantom.

MPC:

Has larger Econoline badges on sides

better detailed/nicer door handles

separate side door

Different fuel filler location to Phantom

Different indicators

There's several other differences to and the more you looked the more you'd find I think, the Sorcerer also runs funny shaped side windows.

Looking at the two side by side I think the MPC body is nicer, seems to be crisper, nicer details and separate side door is a nice feature.

Cheers Rob

Edited by checkmate

The Gypsy Queen, it will have all wood interior, to look like the captains quarters of a pirate ship, has a 6" scale sectioning, and will have a 6" scale wedge chop, with a 3" scale nose angle.

together.jpg

Phantazy 6" scale wedge chop, with a 6" sectioning, interior will be diamond tuck.:

roofwedge.jpg

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

The Gypsy Queen, it will have all wood interior, to look like the captains quarters of a pirate ship, has a 6" scale sectioning, and will have a 6" scale wedge chop, with a 3" scale nose angle.

together.jpg

Phantazy 6" scale wedge chop, with a 6" sectioning, interior will be diamond tuck.:

roofwedge.jpg

Post this in the CBProjects I want to see more of the both of them

Bob, I'm keeping it. It's a kit I built back when I was a kid and want to tear it down and re-build it.

Looking at the two vans they do look very close the Ford 4x4 has slider door glass Phantom does not sunrunner not sure post progess onthe CBP custom vans.!!! Please !!!!???? B):D

Spot on Phil. Thanks mate. ;)

Sorry if I gave the wrong person credit on your model Rob those cars?vans? sedan deliveries?what ever they maybe called are just so cool is there model kits of them Ilooked at your guys web site Majestic vanners very cool

All good Bob, There's no kit as such, mine was built from a resin body that a mate of mine cast. Hopefully they'll be some other resin ones available soon. :)

They're panel vans, I've had heaps of discussion over the years about them with vanners from the U.S a minority call them sedan deliveries and refuse to accept them but the majority think they're cool as, love them and relate them to Mad Max's van.

Glad you liked the Majestic Vanners site mate, there's a few of our vans featured in the current issue of Rolling Heavy magazine over there in the US. :)