Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Son's 1970 Challenger

MoparMarc

I know this is a diecast kit but he is still learning to spray paint bodies so this is easier for him. This is what we started with:

DSCF6337-vi.jpg

To let him practise spraying we decided that we couldn't leave all of the black plastic alone so we started by primering the chassis:

DSCF6338-vi.jpg

Then primered the interior/engine bay part (all one piece on this one):

DSCF6339-vi.jpg

Assembled most of the engine and then primered it:

DSCF6340-vi.jpg

Now its time for some color! Added some overspray to the chassis:

DSCF6350-vi.jpg

Painted the firewall and engine bay area with some Model Masters Sublime Green lacquer:

DSCF6351-vi.jpg

DSCF6354-vi.jpg

Then shot the motor with some Model Masters Lacquer Hemi Orange:

DSCF6353-vi.jpg

And here is a couple of pics of him painting the transmission aluminum:

DSCF6360-vi.jpg

DSCF6359-vi.jpg

Mopar Marc

What a great Dad you are. He will remember this model for the rest of his life, although during his teen years, you may never realize it. Nothing is more valuable on this earth than the legacy you leave to your children.

Besides the car is looking real great, and I am sure it will be proudly displayed in the home.

Congratulations, again.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman

Thanks for the comments everyone. Justin has built several models already and he wants to do more and more to them. I have 3 kids, oldest is 17 (yep she doesn't have time anymore) then there is Justin, he will be 10 Christmas day, and my youngest is Stephie who is 6 and loves to build as well. Here is a link to some of Justin's builds

Justin's Models

and here are some of Stephie's stuff:

Stephie's Models

Mopar Marc

What a great Dad you are. He will remember this model for the rest of his life, although during his teen years, you may never realize it. Nothing is more valuable on this earth than the legacy you leave to your children.

Besides the car is looking real great, and I am sure it will be proudly displayed in the home.

Congratulations, again.

Ken "FloridaBoy" Willaman

AGREED!!! There is nothing better than being involved with your children!!! Keep up the good work, the posts and have a Merry Christmas!!