Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 olds mild custom

brett

thanks Bill, aint nothing compared to your cuda though , painted the headliner, installed glass, visors int mirror etc etc last night and installed floor/chassis for the last time. Couple things to note if you're gonna lower one of these... The frame rail behind/above the diff has to be modified to clear the pumpkin , the floor plate gets wider at final fitting and you're sure the bodys gonna snap before it fits in place and thirdly the front brakes push the wheels out hard against the body but removing anything means taking the chassis out again, so I'll live with it this time cause I aint fitting that again. Oh also you have to aling the exhaust manifolds exactly or the keep breaking off and I at least cant fit them while the engines in place, that said
DSCF8224_zps6c9e0d8f.jpg
DSCF8225_zps871c9dda.jpg
DSCF8227_zps3af1fb8a.jpg
DSCF8229_zps6721317a.jpg
still have headlights, bumpers ,grille, battery and side mirrors to go, also wanting to put the custom exhaust pipes from the revell merc on somehow

Thanks Anne. If you mean the writing on the rocker covers, they're a decal that comes in the kit. Block, heads any of the green stuff was airbrushed, the orangey was rattle canned cause I was too lazy to decant it (if I 'd been thinking ahead I could have done them the same time I did the roof, but at that stage I hadn't decided on anythiung but body color).Carbs, exhaust manifolds and all other bolt on parts were done by brush. If you look at any of my other builds you'll see I do a lot of detail painting with a brush. hope this helps a bit. This builds under glass now.