Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Cuda finished! 11-16-13

Dragfreak

Thank you Ron i definately will, well i did manage to get some progress, im filling the top of the pumkin whitch had no top and also turn it into a dana 60 which would be more realistic for the car and im making a new tunnel from styrene

103_0006_zps29bc320e.jpg

103_0001_zps8ce99b6d.jpg

103_0004_zpsea9391df.jpg

Thank you Jonathan!! i wish i could post some more progress but between track practice getting finished at 5:00 and then i have homework everyday im not getting much time to work on the cuda so hopefully today will give me some time to make some progress.

track practice? whats your 60' time...... haha, but really track? hey, those billboards will be at your house in a week or so. love the work on the headers. something i have wanted to try. God knows i drink WAY too much diet coke!!!

track practice? whats your 60' time...... haha, but really track? hey, those billboards will be at your house in a week or so. love the work on the headers. something i have wanted to try. God knows i drink WAY too much diet coke!!!

Yeah track, i have to stay in shape some way and keep my mile times in the 5's so i do track and play football

nice work Jason!!

Thank you Bill!!!

Wow Jason,I just started following your build,great work so far, can't believe your 14. I still remember mowing lawns and shoveling snow for model money.keep up the great work and posting,thanks.

Thank you!! i cant believe im 14 too, time goes by fast!

Great job, it's good to see another update, keep it up.

thanks I will!!

great job so far Jason. love the job you did on the headers...... got a little behind, your billboards are heading out tomorrow.

thanks again Al for the billboards!!

Lookin good so far Jason. Havent been able to build lately because of work, but will start back again soon. Corey

cant wait to see what you build next Corey!!

great looking progress Jason!!

thanks Bill!!

well a little update, found some small mesh for the grill, finally working on the other tub, and making a piece that goes from the grill to the radiator support that makes it look really clean and hides some of the unrealistic details

103_0018_zpsf994a54a.jpg

103_0017_zps64e11ea3.jpg

103_0015_zps3058ed13.jpg

103_0016_zps19d04158.jpg

I got the white hemi billboards from Al (tubbs) in the mail yesterday

103_0019_zps46519f01.jpg

and made an airpan for the dominator this morning out of some aluminum

103_0023_zpsd5221e08.jpg

103_0029_zps308cf4c6.jpg

103_0030_zps47eb3ba5.jpg

and if you look hard you can see the carb just poking through under the cowl

103_0025_zps326266af.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

Jason,

Been following this, nice work. I want to comment on one thing about your cage which is nice also. Think of where the rear frame rails are wether in the stock location or relocated when positioning the two rear main hoop supports as that is where they tie into the rear frame rails. On your build, I would have them parallel with the sides of the wheel tubs because that is where the frame rails are. Keep in mind, a cage is all part of the frame. With this in mind, you canhave the cage tubes mounted to the car floor or trunk floor but, it has to be welded to specifide size steel plates sandwiching the floor sheet metal......... I saw a build one time by a very seasoned and respected builder and he had those two supports placed on top of the wheel tubs, now ask the question what sense that makes ........................

Keep up the great work Jason!!

Edited by Alan

Thank you Alan for the feedback, I based the rear of the cage off of my dads '71 vega that is certified to 8.50 I think and his is set up similar but it is an all round tube chassis so that's probably why. ill have to keep in mind what you said for my next build with a cage.

this is his vega, it is set up to where it could run high 7.90's low 8.s (not legally)but he's been running low nines because poor track prep .This run the track was actually pretty good

263750_249250898421581_3635925_n.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

I got some paint on the body today, started with a few mist coats and got a wet coat on it but I still need to get a few coats or two before im fully happy with it then ill decal it and get some clear on it. I got some paint on the hood to but something reacted so ill have to sand it and reshoot it.

103_0040_zpsd8d0caa2.jpg

103_0041_zpsc551432c.jpg

yeah the vega is a common car in my family as my dad has owned 12 or 13, heres my future high school driver/drag car its a '71 panel which is very rare. Its got a 355 small block from a sprint car with a super victor with a plate with a 150 hit and a 1050 dominator topping that

66660_398354286926681_361585339_n_zps6ed

Edited by Dragfreak