Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Jamie! Be The First To Build This Chew Car!

Billy Kingsley

We gotta christen the new section with a build challenge and a WIP thread...so here's the challenge!

Get this build on the table at NNL East on April 12th...It's buildable with decals already available. Note the red interior, meaning it was a Folgers car...Jim Fitzgerald was the driver at Riverside 1987.

To my knowledge no one has ever built this car in any scale.

300311382_aee2223852.jpg

Now here's the kicker...Feel free to challenge me to any car at all to have completed by NNL East. Unlike my most recent builds, I'll even do a full detail, engined build instead of my usual curbsides.

With the NNL being pushed back to April 12 this year it gives us both more time.

Are you game? :)

What the heck...I'll put the offer out to Jay and Joe O too...I'll actually be seeing you guys both soon at NNL East and MASSCAR...but if you all challenge me expect a build challenge right back!

Only caveat is that progress to be shown on this very board.

We gotta christen the new section with a build challenge and a WIP thread...so here's the challenge!

Get this build on the table at NNL East on April 12th...It's buildable with decals already available. Note the red interior, meaning it was a Folgers car...Jim Fitzgerald was the driver at Riverside 1987.

To my knowledge no one has ever built this car in any scale.

300311382_aee2223852.jpg

Now here's the kicker...Feel free to challenge me to any car at all to have completed by NNL East. Unlike my most recent builds, I'll even do a full detail, engined build instead of my usual curbsides.

With the NNL being pushed back to April 12 this year it gives us both more time.

Are you game? ;)

What the heck...I'll put the offer out to Jay and Joe O too...I'll actually be seeing you guys both soon at NNL East and MASSCAR...but if you all challenge me expect a build challenge right back!

Only caveat is that progress to be shown on this very board.

Very interesting Billy...very interesting. I have seen that car, in reference, not built though. I have that car on my list of to-do's.

That's a fantastic idea about the challenge. The only thing for me is building time. I doubt I would get it done in time for NNL. Two kids and two jobs will do that to you..!!! :blink:

I will try my best to get it done, but I offer no promises..... I have to think of what you should build. You should do one of the Tide cars.....You choose, cause you probably have every sheet made!!!!

Here's a sheet I just bought the other day.....

7400460_o.jpg

I also have the sheet you're talking about. Maybe I'll do them in tandem!!!!!

Jamie

Joe, what's holding you? I wanna see that Harry Gant car!

Jamie, I didn't know you had TWO kids...Did I miss something or just forget? LOL!

Who made those Ingram decals? The only decals I was aware of for him were "hidden" in the Slixx number sheets, and I think they did the Lumina anyway...(scheme the basic same, but may be sized differently)

Hmm....Tide eh? I've never done a Tide car, other then the 1989/1990 Lumina in 1/64...Spraying a fade may be beyond me, but the Wetworks decals for DW's Aerocoupe provides the fade....You're on!!! (Maybe I'll finally finish the BAD 2003-05 Chevy Challenge this year too...what was that from, 2004? LOL!)