Model Cars Magazine Forum

its BUFFALO TIME 1/10 mostly scratch AKA BONE CRUSHER

so I had one of those 3 steps back , the airbrake containers under the axle were out of scale. must of forgot a number. anyway I had to make them 4 mm bigger,
SANY3261.jpg

next ive added backers to the axles for the brakes . you can see them here looking at the axle to the drum
SANY3263.jpg

I finally finisehed installing all the mud flap mounts , I bought some 1/16 thick 12x12 inch rubber sheet. it works perfect
SANY3262.jpg

im getting close of finishing the lower hull and chassis , almost ready for paint

I started on the forward compartment

SANY3267.jpg

I received in my sound and light kit. this all should fit in the engine compartment, the battery will go under the floor boards
SANY3268.jpg

I scaled out the seats and seats mounts and there dead on, on difference in the seats is the backer is lot higher, but the width is the same

SANY3269.jpg

after installing the seat something look off. I lost 8mm in between seat, not sure where, I look at some 1:1 interior, man! these guys cant even stand up in side without crouching, really tight inside, so maybe im not that far off .

SANY3271.jpg

Always looking forward to your updates!

This is some outstanding work.

thanks everybody, shes moving along pretty quickly

next I add the top middle bar, the outer roof skin, the inner top and add the 3rd window . I cant wait to get the hood on,

SANY3273.jpg

SANY3272.jpg

today I worked on the dash board area. there a lot to do here. I started off making the lower center piece, it looks like heating and air condition

SANY3275.jpg
SANY3276.jpg

made the front seat mounts and prefitted the seats

SANY3278.jpg

the upper dash board I used a donar from truck, not sure what from though . the 1/10 scale steering wheel was to big, I needed a 40mm one and the king hauler fit perfect, I still have a lot to do tomorrow in this area . nothing is glued here

SANY3279.jpg
SANY3280.jpg

other side windows are cut and micro screws are in

SANY3281.jpg

wind shield is in, and gluded, ive prfitted a side hood piece, get to see what this looks like with a hood . the side hood piece is about 10mm to tall though.

SANY3282.jpg

all interior panels are in , roll bar is finished

SANY3283.jpg

today I started on the wind shield , looking at the real truck it has an 5 inch thick window for protection.
so I cut , glued, drilled , made and installed it

SANY3294.jpg
SANY3295.jpg
SANY3296.jpg

I had some time left so, I made the net 2 pieces that go to the sides of the hood

SANY3297.jpg

today was day from hell. I hate electronics, love to build though.

any way, I have everything to install, light, sounds, esc , battery(grade later to 5000mah) speaker
SANY3303.jpg

rear lights are in, will make bucket later
SANY3304.jpg
SANY3305.jpg
have to make a lot of change in rear of the cab,
I was able to keep the sides, but the floor I have to raise 6mm
SANY3307.jpg

the mfu needs airflow, I remade the fllor and cut out a vent
SANY3308.jpg

This build is so freaking AWESOME!!!!!

GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with Oscar!!!! COOL build Joe!!!!!! :blink:

thanks guys

interior is back in

SANY3319.jpg

the mfu unit has a control panel. the truck has some kind of storage box in the back bay, so I will make the storage box and put the control panel in it , I still need to make an opening door for it

SANY3318-1.jpg