Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #72 FINISHED!

Anybody who goes back through old Auto I.D. results to find the answer is cheating! C'mon guys, Harry is doing a great job with this thing, so let's keep it honest, huh? The answer IS out there on the web. You just have to know where to look. Look at the picture. What does it look like? No go hunt it down. I did, I found it, and I found out some interesting background information about the car while I was at it too.

Guest G Holding

Anybody who goes back through old Auto I.D. results to find the answer is cheating! C'mon guys, Harry is doing a great job with this thing, so let's keep it honest, huh? The answer IS out there on the web. You just have to know where to look. Look at the picture. What does it look like? No go hunt it down. I did, I found it, and I found out some interesting background information about the car while I was at it too.

Cheating....NOT !! Using MEMORY as a resource is what this game is about. I remembered, researched, and found facts. If you think using this is cheating, then your advice of knowing where to look is also.

So I cheat and learn, and love this game as it has increased my auto knowledge a hundred fold. that said its still a rerun ;)

Sorry tha this was a "rerun"... I guess I already used this one once before!

But anyway, it's a 2008-2010 Voga Siber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Siber

Who got it right:

Badluck 13

Kenny

george53

Jon Cole

Johnny

wisdonm

G Holding

Chilly B1

ChrisR

patami

warra48

mr chips

otherunicorn

Corvair Jim

matthigsgrit

kataranga

W-4009

My first thought when I saw this week's Mystery Car was, "Gee, that thing looks an awful lot like a Chrysler Sebring". So that's where I started my research. It turns out that, when that series of Sebring was replaced, Mother Mopar sold the car's tooling to Mother Russia or, more specifically, GAZ, parent company of Volga and the 2nd-largest auto producer in Russia. They had soon modified the car's appearance by revising the front and rear bumper covers, grille, and lighting, and they reworked the suspension for the realities of the poorer Russian roads by raising and stiffening it.