Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevy Pickup

Hi

Just wanted to share some pictures on the 1950 Chevy Pickup from AMT.

Most of the parts are done, just putting it together and some final touch up is needed. Not happy with the fit of some of the parts, as when you line up the differential, drive shaft and engine, the cab no longer sits where it is supposed to.

post-7062-0-25032200-1347582728_thumb.jp post-7062-0-15348900-1347582729_thumb.jp post-7062-0-64754900-1347582730_thumb.jp

I still have to mask of the bed and spray the rails. The glass still has to be added and I will pick out the lettering on the chevrolet emblems and on the tailgate.

post-7062-0-49411900-1347582731_thumb.jp post-7062-0-28261300-1347582732_thumb.jp post-7062-0-13756700-1347582816_thumb.jp

The paint is from rattle cans, Daytona Yellow and Citrus Yellow Metallic with Testors one coat clear coat lacquer over that. The metal work is Alclad Duralinium or Polished aluminum.

Hopefully I can finish it this weekend and post final pictures.

Thanks for looking.

Robert

Nice work so far Robert, and thanks for the heads-up on the cab/engine/driveshaft issues, I'll know what to look for now. I'll give you a little heads-up too, the windshield ends up with a gap around both sides and the bottom edge, at least on mine. I'm still trying to find a fix for that little issue!

I guess you probably know the windows fit from the outside, I missed that on my first one. Also the wheels are a little tricky to center in the openings A little test fit before glueing the springs in place may help. (Never mind you already have that, any problem with this issue?) Nice color choices.

I bought mine as a "bagged" kit with no instructions (Bah, who needs 'em! :lol: ), so after a few tries, I discovered the windows went in place much better from the outside. I still have the gaps no matter which side I install the glass from though, I'm trying to find a way to close them up and not make it look bad.

So far my wheels are centered in the wheel wells, but I haven't attached the interior to the cab yet, so there's still a chance for the fronts to get screwed up. My back wheels are dead-center, so either I got lucky when I did my wood bed, or the Modeling Gods were smiling on me that day! :rolleyes:

Edited by Custom Mike