Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

...Good frame stretch, too....I'd only recommend that you add a little arch to it on the next one, though...That way, the weight won't make it sag..

Another idea for the frame stretch is add some extra material to the inside of the framerail. I did that, along with also adding an extra piece of small square tubing to the top of the frame to double as a sleeper mount on my custom Ford that you can find in this thread:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28849

Even though it has been in storage at a friend's house for a little over a year and I haven't seen it since then, I had no problem with the frame sagging before I took it there.

Very nice, looks like one of those left-lane chicken trucks.

LIKE!?!? It is one of those left lane chicken trucks!! CLUCK CLUCK!!

Thanks all for the great comments. I did place some extra material on the inside of the frame. The gold lettering looks good ill keep that in mind if i ever have decals made. I need to check into making graphics or lettering kinda on a tight budget.

That came out very nice William

Your two tone paint job looks good.

Any time you mask one off for a two tone or multi colors heres a tip.

Tuck the tape down inside the seams as your laying it on there.

After its taped off and ready for paint FIRST spray some clear coat over it,that will help keep it from bleeding under the tape onto your other colors.

I'm not knocking your paint job at all this is just a tip.

And don't be scared of posting anything on here,we are just models builders here to help each other any way we can.

Great o/o rig man it looks real good.