Model Cars Magazine Forum

News Story About Model Building

I remember seeing your truck in that "other" model magazine and being blown away, it was so much better than what my friends or

myself were building at the time.

The stink bomb was a good twist on your story. Years ago we used to get a sulfer pumace stone at work that when crushed and scrubbed

around under foot let off a horrible sulfer odor it soon became known as "fart rock", more than one devious person disrupted a crew meeting

with it. The results were always the same, sideways glances to see who let loose the horrible silent but deadly smell! To this day I can't

remember the ligitimate use for the stuff was, I think there was one.

Edited by Skip

Great article and some great looking builds. how did you get the news to interview you on the hobby?

Well, what we did originally was to send in a press release to the local paper on our fall contest with some photos and accompanying information. Apparently, one of their editors was intrigued, so he assigned this reporter to do a story for the Sunday magazine section. And I agree with you guys--it turned out to be very cool. The reporter asked tons of questions as she tried to understand it. We were really kind of stunned by the story, and the quality of it.

Terry

Well, what we did originally was to send in a press release to the local paper on our fall contest with some photos and accompanying information. Apparently, one of their editors was intrigued, so he assigned this reporter to do a story for the Sunday magazine section. And I agree with you guys--it turned out to be very cool. The reporter asked tons of questions as she tried to understand it. We were really kind of stunned by the story, and the quality of it.

Terry

Terry,

I read the news article, and watched the video--what a great job you did as an ambassador for this hobby!

Regards,

Art