Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge L700

Ok, so it's been a year since I've completed a model. I picked up the Lindberg Dodge L700 last Spring thinking it would be a quick build. Well, it probably would have if life hadn't interviened, and if i could have decided on how to paint the cab! Anyway, here it is.

I don't know if Transcon Lines ever used Dodge L700 tractors or not, but my Dodge is based loosly (very loosly) on a Kenworth Bullnose I found on Hank's Truck Pictures.

fg_transcon_lines_1.jpg

The build is box-stock, except for the Transcon door logos & the ICC info on the side of the cab. Which I got from Model Express. Incidently, those decals were in the IMC issue of the L700, so I guess it's still box-stock! It's not perfect, but I like it.

Enjoy!

01Curbside.jpg

02Front.jpg

03RoadSide.jpg

04Rear.jpg

Jim it looks good in that color. I dunno bout this truck bein a quick build at all lol Yours might of been better than mine. Mine was a pain in the butt to get together Instructions sucked cab was warped. I glued my passenger door inand left the driver open that was fine til the first time I closed the door .... Hope no one needs in that truck lol its stuck now. I also had to leave the pieces that hinged the cab off and just let the frame pins float... everything kept binding up when they were in. Boy I sure picked a heck of a first truck lol

Looking at yours makes me think I need logos lol

Wow, that is a nice truck! And this coming from someone who's never built a tractor trailer.

Actually, I've got several of these kits over the years, from a pristine kit to the new reissue, to a couple glue bombs.

For someone not into trucks, for some reason this particular one seems irresistible!

Hmmm..............wonder how that would look with a stone stock 426 Hemi?? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if Transcon Lines ever used Dodge L700 tractors or not, but my Dodge is based loosly (very loosly) on a Kenworth Bullnose I found on Hank's Truck Pictures.

You know what. I don't know if they ever used the Dodge either but looking at your model makes me think that I saw one in real life. Very nice job!

Mike

Great job, this is a neat little tractor. One or two of those 28' doubles would probably look nice behind it.

I have two of these, the one with the flat bed and the tractor alone. I've looked at them several times but hearing all the horror stories I always find something else to build.

• 3 years later...

The cab isn't glued down, but there really isn't anything special about the engine. It's just the engine that come in the kit painted red. The transmission is Tamiya Gunmetal. I'll see if I can get a shot of the engine for you (there are better detailed engines on the Forum).

Yeah, I did some gravedigging, but I saw the builder was still online, so I thought it might be worth a try. Talking about other builders of the sets, are there any photo-etched grilles or custom made decals (DODGE - front, Dodge - doors and "700") for this car? I couldn't find any.

Thanks, Tim.

Jan, as far as I know, there is no P/E set available to this truck. In fact, detail information is a little scarce, too. I did find that http://olddodges.com/ had some good information as does http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truck_brochures/dodge/

For the "700" logo on the side of the cab, I used some Bare Metal Foil & some black paint.

Good luck with your project, and I'm looking forward to some progress pictures.