Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 935 Martini

Hippie

Looking good!! i see you added some small bolts here and there, i have some brass ones here, man those little suckers are expensive! LOL but they sure make a huge difference. i have a 1/4th scale 426 hemi engine i have been workin on here and there, and i am replacing all the molded in bolts with real ones.......it really makes it look nice!

your welds are lookin very nice too!

cheers

bryan

thanks guys, bryan m my brothers got a 1/6 scale flathead and I've been thinking about the same thing, just it would suck to drill through all the diecast and dr. yes It's supposed to be fiber glass, not sure if its totaly perfect and your guy's opions about it would rock!

I have made a bit of progress, in the last post the tran's was done so I started paint, looking on some fourms fourm it seames micoballons where the best, but I couldn't find any so I tried tamiya texture paint, had to have it shipped all the way from hong kong!

37e02446.jpg

first looks don't look to good......

a45b955e.jpg

but I kept going and got it kinda finished:

bf89e51e.jpg

16986937.jpg

2a6c479f.jpg

What ya think? it doesn't look to good to me,but your opinions would be great!! before I go and try to strip it.....

Edited by Hippie

bit more now...

9a0b5d8a.jpg

c69e7146.jpg

Also I said I was done on the tran's mods, supposed I was wrong here's another, I originally left this off cause I was afraid that It wouldn't fit in the car after the work, but leaving it stock kinda bothered me...

46d1a5cb.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!! and your opinions are greatly appreciated!!!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your comments guys, racer27x don't worry about critisim, I crave it man, trying to get this the best i can,

about the tran's, ended up striping it, next update I'll get it finished but for now here's a bit.

also sorry about the lack of updates. been busy school started back up, for some reason I thought i was smart this year and I went and sinned up for a AP class, now all my modeling time is homework time

I worked more on the fan, build some stuff to go on top that tamiya hadn't even noted...

DSCN3839_zpsa191bd4c.jpg

Then this black rubber thing was cut out from some rubber sheet.

DSCN3840_zps58da1a2c.jpg

all detailed out....

DSCN3862_zps2ce76b97.jpg

DSCN3863_zpse5accf23.jpg

DSCN3842_zps909b397e.jpg

Edited by Hippie

and I got some of the heads done, it's all rb motion .31" bolt and nuts, and matching pe washers.

DSCN3847_zps6e4157cd.jpg

DSCN3850_zps2af2c9f8.jpg

DSCN3860_zpsbb8113b6.jpg

as i said i was having problems whit the tran's, still working on the paint striping going kinda slow but i did work on the back, looks even cooler in real life....

DSCN3858_zps1aef8a03.jpg

also found some cool pictures thought you guy's might like to see some of um'

7612_4875_zps6b0b2d90.jpg

z293520WATKING20GLEN20320761318215917_zpsf054cf6d.jpg

what_zps57571ce5.png

This is the car I'm gonna build, its a different Vin than I originally posted, decided to change cars.

111_zpsf64dcb7d.jpg

Thanks eveyone for looking!!, comments would be epic and criticism is nice too.....

• 2 months later...

thanks so much iderek

Sorry for the long wait and unfortunately I have little to show,

I don't know why but for some reason I have just given up on this, and not just this car, but all modeling in general. This was my first year in High school and the is homework hitting me hard. Kinda just slowly gave up and moved on to other hobby's that take less time. I feel kinda weird posting just to say bye, but I hate it when I go around looking at old threads then they just die out without any notice, so I figured I'd try not to be another one of those.

I do have one pic, nothing that amazing, its just that I finished it a few weeks ago and just got around to taking a picture (its the bottom of the Intake)

DSCN0299_zpsd8454273.jpg

Sorry for ending the thread with suckish new's, but hopefully I'll pick this back up in the summer wave.gif

004 (R18) not MIA owned by Kelly Morse USA, one of the few the factory doesn't own. While it was crashed its still out there somewhere.

#1 in this photo

77mugeldep1268230632_zps8fedbf30.jpg

Edited by CAL