Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texaco station in 1977

Repstock

The real station was located a few blocks from where I grew up. It's in 1/25 scale. the walls are gatorboard covered with .060 styrene. It's hard to photograph white in normal room conditions, but here goes...

Texaco2_zpsd47ddc8f.jpgTexaco1_zpse6e00504.jpgTexaco_zpsf91de20f.jpg

Edited by Repstock

I like it! I tried to get my first job at a Mom and Pop owned Texaco in the Fort Washington, MD area back when I was in high school a year earlier. This'll bring back some memories! Ya gotta put a couple '60's/'70's cars with that dio when you get done with it------Pinto, Vega, maybe a tired, beat up Corvair? :D

This is developing very nicely!Great corners and everything looking symetrical.Are you working from photos or memory?Be sure to post your progress photos for the rest of us to enjoy!

Just a hint,For more contrast in your photos hang a dark colored bed sheet on the wall behind it.

Edited by misterNNL

This is developing very nicely!Great corners and everything looking symetrical.Are you working from photos or memory?

There is a used car dealer across town that is using this style of building. I checked the county auditor site, and their building had been built in 1968 as a Texaco station. I visited the dealer and he allowed me to measure and photograph the building. After creating drawings form the measurements, I used photographs to return the appearance to original. The tower part was not present on the dealership, so I guesstimated it's dimensions using photographs.

Tom - this is excellent. The layout and floor plan is just like the one in my hometown in southwest Iowa owned by a friend of mine's dad. We spent a considerable amount of time there as kids but that was long before 1977. :D

Looking forward to following along on this journey.

Edited by gasser59

• 2 weeks later...