Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forming Water Streams for Dioramas?

hooknladderno1

Hi Gang,

I have long thought about adding water streams to one of my fire apparatus displays. I have viewed many videos on Youtube about modeling water, but have never seen anyone "shape" a stream of water as pumped through a fire hose or monitor. Here are a few photos of what I mean:

fireboat01.jpg

fireboat02.jpg

fireboat03.jpg

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

David

Hi David,

I seem to remember this being covered in an ancient "Military Modeler" magazine. IIRC the basic technique was to use clear sprue shaped, stretched and bonded with heat. I may still have this issue lying around someplace. If I can find it, I'll scan and post it for you.

I also remember seeing something along the lines of using clear gelatin like some model railroaders use in making scenery waterfalls etc.

I've wanted to make a 1/25 scale bikini car-wash using some of these techniques

Hi David,

I seem to remember this being covered in an ancient "Military Modeler" magazine. IIRC the basic technique was to use clear sprue shaped, stretched and bonded with heat. I may still have this issue lying around someplace. If I can find it, I'll scan and post it for you.

I also remember seeing something along the lines of using clear gelatin like some model railroaders use in making scenery waterfalls etc.

I've wanted to make a 1/25 scale bikini car-wash using some of these techniques

this was the first idea that popped into my head when i read the question .. i would say if you bend clear tubing in the right way and maybe take the clear bathroom sealant you can make like a more watery effect on the clear tubing