Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #43 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

:rolleyes: OK Harry, Glad to see you back!!!Hope you enjoyed Vegas. NOW, this looks real to me, but I got a feelin it's just a ruse to fool us!I'm goin with Model on this one, ALTHOUGH it LOOKS like the real deal!I think yer jus makin up for lost time!######, yer good! :blink::lol:

I voted real on this one............something not "model like" about it.

Just the same, if it is a model.........I wanna know who makes it!!!! That's one of my favorite racing Ferrari's next to the '58 Testarossa, and the series 1 250 GTO!

.............and yes, I know the exact year and model Ferrari it is, (how many were made too!) but I won't give it away here. ........ :rolleyes::blink:

Gotta B Real. Not even Harry can fake leaves like the ones there.

Are you kidding? I can fake a photo so well you'd never know it was faked.

Who do you think does all the "DOG-FACED BABY!"

and "BIGFOOT SIGHTED!!" covers for the Enquirer??? ;)

:D Harry, your so slick you really had me on this one.The ONLY thing that nagged me was the scoop on the left rear quarter panel,It's so thin that it was buggin me,but I figgered it coulda be P/E'd.That sure is a purty car though! Was it in Vegas too? :D

Hey, I was right!

I LOVE this car! This is a 1963 Ferrari 330 LMB...........one of only 4 made. There was a 5th one, but it was actually a rebodied 250 GTO (no doubt previously crashed) as it was still on the shorter 250 GTO chassis.

I hope with the recent spate of new vintage Ferrari kits..........someone will finally see fit to kit this one!

Extra points for you guys if you can say why the car has those curious square bulges in the rear fenders. :D :D

:D Harry, your so slick you really had me on this one.The ONLY thing that nagged me was the scoop on the left rear quarter panel,It's so thin that it was buggin me,but I figgered it coulda be P/E'd.That sure is a purty car though! Was it in Vegas too? :D

I saw Ferarris in Vegas, but not that one! :P

:D Bill, they aren't just cooling scoops? Are they for tyre(like the Brits say) clearance? :D

Yup George......you get the extra points! :P:rolleyes:

The 330 LMB's had wider tires in the rear than the standard GTO's so Ferrari simply cut out those squares and covered 'em to clear the tires.

Y'know for those hard cornering moves? :rolleyes:

I like how they combined the front end of the Series I GTO but it had the back end of the then new 250 Lusso. (Another one I want someone to kit!)

IIRC, they ran with 4 liter V-12's while the regular GTO's (save for a couple) ran with 3 liter's. I've got a ton of photos of that car, as I'd like to build a right hander if someone ever makes a decent kit of it. :rolleyes:

Edited by MrObsessive

Hey, I was right!

I LOVE this car! This is a 1963 Ferrari 330 LMB...........one of only 4 made. There was a 5th one, but it was actually a rebodied 250 GTO (no doubt previously crashed) as it was still on the shorter 250 GTO chassis.

I hope with the recent spate of new vintage Ferrari kits..........someone will finally see fit to kit this one!

Extra points for you guys if you can say why the car has those curious square bulges in the rear fenders. ;):o

Agree and I was right too! :lol: Something was just REAL for me. Didn't fool me! ;)

So the buldge is kind of like the NASCAR Superbirds. :P

You know what's funny, you can have fun with a 2-4L 12 cylinder, everybody just knows the new high litre engines they think these are ######. :lol::o Give me an old Ferrari over a new one ANYDAY!

Edited by Nick F40