Model Cars Magazine Forum

TV/Movie Vehicle Community Build.......Contest

bigern26

Ok Here is the official thread for the TV/Movie Vehicle Contest build.

Lets start off with some rules.

Contest Starts Today, Sunday, December 12, 2010

Contest Ends Sunday, June 12 2011

Only 2 Vehicles can be entered by one person.

All vehicles cannot be prebuilt, mush be built for this contest.(if you use an existing kit it mush be completely disassembled)

The Vehicle must be a match to a vehicle one would see on tv, whether in a movie or tv show.

When you submit your entries, please try to show a screen shot of what you are building.

(Example: If you are say building a car after it gets into a wreck try to show a screen shot of that scene.)

You must post pics of your progress from start to finish!!

Ok now for the rest.............

When The contest is over I will start a poll for everyone to vote for their favorite build, we will let the voting go for a couple weeks.

The winner will get a 1 year subscription to Model Cars Magazine:)

This is were I will list the entries for each person:

1.Bigern26 - 1967 Plymouth Belvedere GTX from "Tommy Boy"

2.Bigern26 - ?

3.Brokentail58 - Chevy Truck from the show "Chips"

4.Aaronw - Jaghearse from "Harold & Maude"

5.Jordan White - 1986 Jeep J10 from "Twister"

6.Craig Irwin - 55 Chevy 150 from "Two Lane blacktop"

7.Craig Irwin - 64 Lincoln "Deathmobile" from "Animal House"

8.diymirage - 68 Cuda from "Highwaymen"

9.Danno - 1957 Chrysler convertible from "Crime Story"

10.Danno - 1960 Ford squad car from "Crime Story"

11.Wheelman - Monte Carlo from "Ace Ventura"

12.Railfreak78 - 58 Plymouth Fury from "Christine"

13.Railfreak78 - Chevy City Stocker from "Days Of Thunder"

Thanks for playing and have fun building!!!

Edited by bigern26

I'd like to join in with 2 cars. Christine and also the City Chevy stocker from Days of Thunder. I did start the race car in the Nascar section HOWEVER: I did not get the right paint so it will be stripped and the chassis has not been started or engine, Nothing. My old pics are the body sitting on a different scale frame in the other section so I will be starting over. Hope it's ok

christinesidefront.jpg

post-2604-12602454040143.jpg

I've been out to the garage and found the Monogram XKE kits so I can get started. I'm glad I bought them a few years ago because the only ones I see on ebay are asking $45 and $60, I think I paid $15 or $20 for the two kits together.

Technically I should be starting with a convertable, but once I've made the changes it won't matter. Funny thing with the kits one says 1/25 and the other 1/24 but they are the same kit, just different issues, one is a white box with white plastic, one a black box "exotic car series" with silver plastic.

I usually start with a sprue shot, but quite a few of the parts are off the sprues so it would just be a jumble of parts. So far I've only found 1 missing piece from the suspension and it looks simple enough to make.

OMG. Too kewl! :lol:

It's one of my favorite movies, I've always wanted a 1-1 but I'll have to settle for 1/25. B)

Edited by Aaronw

hi, just got back in to building. and i know this will motavate me back into it B)

here's my two builds that iv planned on building for years now.

first up is the Monte Carlo from training day

chevroletmontecarlotrainingday.jpg

my second build is the patrol car from t.j. hooker

tjhooker.jpgtjhooker1.jpg

Edited by ROB213

I've been out to the garage and found the Monogram XKE kits so I can get started. I'm glad I bought them a few years ago because the only ones I see on ebay are asking $45 and $60, I think I paid $15 or $20 for the two kits together.

Technically I should be starting with a convertable, but once I've made the changes it won't matter. Funny thing with the kits one says 1/25 and the other 1/24 but they are the same kit, just different issues, one is a white box with white plastic, one a black box "exotic car series" with silver plastic.

I usually start with a sprue shot, but quite a few of the parts are off the sprues so it would just be a jumble of parts. So far I've only found 1 missing piece from the suspension and it looks simple enough to make.

It's one of my favorite movies, I've always wanted a 1-1 but I'll have to settle for 1/25. ;)

The actual hearse was based off a coupe. The landau bars are from a Ford Thunderbird and the taillights are from an early Porsche 911.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a little help . I need some good pics of a late 70's early 80's chevy 4x4 drive train. The kit I am using is only two wheel drive and I need to convert. I have several transfer cases and a lot of motors to choose from but I would like to get a combo that looks right. I am building the truck from "CHiPs" that is driven by Jon Baker.