Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck room redo!!!

Hello guys,

The last months I spent most of my time between my job and my wife and our little girl. I had only one or two hous per week for my models.

With our little girl growing and growing every day, many things changed in our lives and of course in our home.

Many things had to be mooved from the apartment to the baseroom oops, my truck room.

The last few weeks the truck room was realy looking like a mess amd because of this I din't want to do anything about building models. The reborn project was freezed and also a few other rebiuld projects that were on and off my workbench.

So I decided to do a big redo by adding many, many shelves in order to have to store things and models.

Last week I bought all the needed stuff for the shelves. I decided to go with the easy/smart/clean way by using ELEMENT SYSTEM parts.

This mornig I started by moving thigns from one side to the other. Lets see some pictures:

Here is the entrage to the truck room

DSC01684.jpg

DSC01686.jpg

looking the north wall

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01687.jpg

looking the east wall

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01689.jpg

looking the south wall

DSC01690.jpg

and last but not least the west wall with the workbench keyboards and hifi

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

As said I started moving things from the west and south wall to the east wall.

The east wall will remain, new shelves will be added to the north and west walls.

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01700.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

so now I created a shelve traffic jam LOL

DSC01696.jpg

The next weekend I will install the Element parts on the walls and then I will order the wooden shelves.

Now there is no workbench at all so I have to finish the redo ASAP!!!

See you soon..

Kostas

Thanks you guys for your support and your comments,

Clayton good luck to you.

Tim, my redo is not that big like the one you did (adding to the house). I am closer to what you did recently to the guest room, so it is a time chassing game for me, but I will give my best to complete it asap.

Eagle, as you know we can see every day european trucks on the road, so I cannot be cold about them. I like scania, daf, mercedes, but my favorite truck is Peterbilt. I like too american trucks especialy those traditional look.

In the past I have been once in Marceille for a few days and I am a big fan of Jean Michel Jarre.

Kostas.

• 2 months later...

Truck room redo news!!!

I wanted to say that very soon I will post pictures of the works.

At the moment I have bought everything that I am going to use, Element system, shelves, screws etc. I have to note here that the total lengh of the shelves that I am going to instal is very close to 20 meters.

I hope that the coming Saturday I will have the oportunity to start works again....

Kostas.

• 1 month later...

Hello @ all,

I managed to take some photos of the progress so far of the truck room redo.

It is really hard work because all this things that allready are in there and I had (have, as still in progress) to remove many times from here to there.

I hope that it will be finished soon....

So here is the workbench,

DSC01828.jpg

these are my trucks and tools,

DSC01818.jpg

and these are some photo of the room as it is right now,

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

Greetings,

Kostas.

So THAT is why I can't get any Italeri Long Hauler kits... you've got them all ! ;)

Tim

Hey Tim,

I had ordered 40 Peterbilt Long haulers and I recieved just 16. I am bying kits directly from the distributor here in Greece and he told me that both ITALERI 377A/E & 378 Long Hauler kits are very popular nowdays (thats maybe because of you and your builds [this is what I thought when he told me that LOL LOL LOL]). Anyway while we are writing to each other ITALERI production line is very busy with PETERBILT kits. The distributor told me that I will recieve my other 24 kits on July.

BTW, if I am correct the PETERRBILT 377A/E kit was first released back in 1994 and its ITALERI's best seller kit and this makes me wonder why it took them toooooo long to produse a newer PETERBILT????

Greetings,

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas Parchas

Looking good, Kostas. I'm sure it will be really nice when it's done.

Wow, I thought Tim had a lot of Peterbilt kits!

Hello Jim B,

Thank you for your coments, I wish I could finish the truck room tonight.

30 377s & 16 378s are not too many, ask Tim how many he has.

BTW, Tim how many ITALERI PETERBILT kit you have there with you??????????

Greetings,

Kostas.

any chances i can get a couple extra 377 ae (red one with flags) decal sheets off you if you dont build them box stock?

and any pete parts you dont want!\

matter afact ill take a couple more 377/378/longhauler kits off you! if you want extra room! B)

I see 38 377 and 378 kits in your pics..

How many do I have? um.. uh.. I'm embarrassed to say - 81. :unsure:

Tim

BTW, Tim how many ITALERI PETERBILT kit you have there with you??????????

Greetings,

Kostas.

Tim,

Its always confusing trying to count others models from pictures. You count the same models twice, please note that in some of the pictures the kits are stashed on the north wall and in other pictures they are stashed on the east wall.

I have 31 377s, 18 378 Long haulers & 6 378 (the blue one #740) and waiting for 24 378 long haulers to come.

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas Parchas

any chances i can get a couple extra 377 ae (red one with flags) decal sheets off you if you dont build them box stock?

and any pete parts you dont want!\

matter afact ill take a couple more 377/378/longhauler kits off you! if you want extra room! :unsure:

I am not the trade guy,

In mean that I wouldn't canibalise a model because I never know what the future brings. All my models so far are in closed boxes and sprues are in plastic bags. Excuse me.

Think also that the shiping cost from Greece to US could be close enough to buy a new kit.

Kostas.

Kostas,

In that huge stack of my Italeri Pete kits - only 3 of them are sealed and untouched. The rest have had resin parts put in the box, cabs/hoods or other parts modified or swapped from other kits. Almost all of them have the parts needed to build the model based on the 'inspiration photo' that I attach to the box cover.

By putting the resin parts in the same box as the future kit, I don't have to worry about space for storing the resin parts - or forgetting that I had the part on hand (not that having additional parts is a bad thing).

Tim

quote name='Kostas Parchas' timestamp='1308487291' post='482452']

Tim,

Its always confusing trying to count others models from pictures. You count the same models twice, please note that in some of the pictures the kits are stashed on the north wall and in other pictures they are stashed on the east wall.

I have 31 377s, 18 378 Long haulers & 6 378 (the blue one #740) and waiting for 24 378 long haulers to come.

Kostas.

wow you both have alot of Italeri Peterbilts. rough figuring 79 kits at the average of $75 a kit(thats what I've been paying if I can even get them; i've had just one 378 on backorder for 8 months at my hobby shop) that comes out to just over $5600.00. I just gotta know, how do you afford that? and how do you convence your wifes to let you? I need some pointers :)

I am not the trade guy,

In mean that I wouldn't canibalise a model because I never know what the future brings. All my models so far are in closed boxes and sprues are in plastic bags. Excuse me.

Think also that the shiping cost from Greece to US could be close enough to buy a new kit.

Kostas.

GOOD POINT! :o

just out of curiousity if you dont have nothing better to do in the next couple days just check if you dont mind please? :)

wow you both have alot of Italeri Peterbilts. rough figuring 79 kits at the average of $75 a kit(thats what I've been paying if I can even get them; i've had just one 378 on backorder for 8 months at my hobby shop) that comes out to just over $5600.00. I just gotta know, how do you afford that? and how do you convence your wifes to let you? I need some pointers B)

Joshua,

Bying kits directly from the distributor and not just one at the time makes the kit price lower. For example ITALERI packs 8 kits per box, so for me the latest order is 5 boxes X 8 pieces = 40 kits. It is easyer for the distributor to give me bigger discount if I order to buy a box than 3 or 4 kits. Please also note that the cooperation through the years between me and the distributor also counts to get better price.

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas Parchas

• 1 year later...

Goodmorning guys,

I had in mind that I had update this, but it seems that, that was only in my mind.

So here follows some pictures of the truckroom as it is at the moment. Basicaly the workbench and the selves are in position but the thruth is that I must take care of all the other stuff that is in there. So excuse that mesh in there, but without mesh what modelroom this would be?

DSC01878_zpsa5db7884.jpg

DSC01879_zps0d0cdf75.jpg

DSC01880_zpsbb39560a.jpg

DSC01881_zps46603e70.jpg

DSC01882_zps1e6be7a8.jpg

DSC01883_zps8f00a31c.jpg

DSC01884_zps488e8231.jpg

DSC01885_zps9baf2635.jpg

DSC01886_zpsa6f63f7d.jpg

DSC01887_zps38c9710f.jpg

More to come...