Model Cars Magazine Forum

General FOX body Mustang reference pics.

Back of the rear seats showing latch detail and carpet attachment point.

044-3.jpg

Interior door pull handle (located on the upper forward of the door panel from 1981-1993).

048-4.jpg

Manual mirror adjuster (located at the very top front of the door panel).

047-3.jpg

The cutout in the rear side plastics for rear shock mounting access.

045-4.jpg

The cargo area pull-over cover mounting tabs/locks (these changed from year to year or year groups, this is the placement in 1991).

046-4.jpg

Manual window crank handle (again, year group specific as they changed over the production run)

049-3.jpg

Inner door lock button (1981-1993) located back on the top of the door panel. 1979-80 were horizonal in the armrest stub facing forward towards the window crank.

050-2.jpg

This is just the first batch of MANY pics to come. Time is a constraint for me, so I will post when I have more time.

Top section of a manual window/manual mirror 1987-93 Mustang door inner pull handle-armrest (Florida heat and 270,000 miles have killed this one).

051-1.jpg

Bottom section of the above piece (same maladies apply).

052-2.jpg

Pedal arrangement on a 5 speed car (yes, clutch pad is missing and no carpet in the car....see above reasons)

053-2.jpg

Lear-Siegler/Ford 1987-93 Sport articulated seat leg lumbar control knob and power seat position switch (located on the lower outer side of the seat bottom).

054-2.jpg

Front seat backrest unlock/pivot knob/cover on the above named seat (located at the rear lower outer side of the seat cushion area (inner side of the seat will just have the cover, no knob)

055-2.jpg

Seat unlock/pivot knob located on the back lower outer corner of the front seatback.

056-2.jpg

Sunvisor swivel fitting (located at the outer ends of the sunvisor unit).

081-1.jpg

Sunvisor retaining clip (located at the inner end of the sunvisor on the crossbar for the front windshield).

082-1.jpg

Inside rearview mirror mounting lug.

083-1.jpg

Passanger side lighted vanity on back of sunvisor.

085-1.jpg

Emergency/park brake handle in the 1987-93 Mustangs.

086-1.jpg

Door speaker covers for cars equipped (and some not equipped) with premium sound system).

089-1.jpg

Drivers side lighted vanity sunvisor (note, no velcroed cover on drivers side).

080-1.jpg

Key/ignition lock on inside of steering column.

079-1.jpg

Multifunction switch and cover plates for steering column (switch located on the outer side centered of the steering column).

076-2.jpg

Front seat belt passthrough on the quarter window inside ledge (the retract/inertia reel is bolted to the floor behind the interior panel).

061-3.jpg

Rear seatbelt shoulder restraint buckle detail (and rear speaker cover plate detail). Located on the rear side panels verticle with the rear seatbacks.

062-3.jpg

Rear seatbelt latches (located centrally to the center of the lower seat cushion). They bolt to the floor on either side of the trans tunnel under the cushion.

063-2.jpg

Garment hooks located at the corner of the roof just forward of the hatch beam and screw to the roof side beam)

064-2.jpg

Overheard dome light (located on headliner just back from the front seat line)

065-2.jpg

Front 'Map' light located at the very front center headliner just above the rearview mirror.

066-2.jpg

Climate control/radio stack in the 1987-93 Mustangs (1979-82 and 1983-86 are different) dash waterfall area.

067-2.jpg

1987-93 Mustang center console ashtray door in the closed position.

068-1.jpg

The avobe door in its' natural position, broken open. The spring that holds these shut will break just to have something to do, and no one remakes them. Almost any 1987-93 FOX you run into will have this problem.

069-1.jpg

Front seatbelt latch mounting point (located between seat cushion and center console about even with the back end of the seat cushion).

070-1.jpg

Front seatbelt latch detail.

071-1.jpg

Running Horse logo in the passanger side dash cove (I believe all 1987-93 Mustangs got these. 1993 Cobras MIGHT have the coiled snake emblem).

072-1.jpg

Passanger side under-dash detailing (mostly A/C ducting).

073-1.jpg

1987-93 Mustang dash detail.

074-1.jpg

Gauge detail/tripometer-odometer reset pin.

075-1.jpg

Front seatbelt shoulder belt floor mounting position (just forward of the rear of the door seam).

058-2.jpg

Front seatbelt shoulder belt upper mount (located just forward of the quarter glass on the side beam).

060-3.jpg

Better shot of the rear seatbelt passthrough in the plastic inner panels.

059-3.jpg

Cubby hole area at the ends of the lower rear seat cushion on either end (in the side plastics).

057-1.jpg

1991 Mustang upper door hinge/fender bolt detail.

087-1.jpg

1991 Mustang lower door hinge and interior light switch detail.

088-1.jpg

Door latch/build info decal detail.(located halfway up the door)

091-1.jpg

Mustang door striker/door jamb detail.(located halfway up the door jamb area)

090-1.jpg

Drivers side tailpipe exit under the bumper.

094-2.jpg

Passanger side tailpipe exit under rear bumper.

093-2.jpg

Radio baseplate located on the passanger front fender roughly 4 inches forward of the fender-to-windshield seam and set 2/3rds the way out from the fender-to-hood seam on the flat of the fender top. It is 2.6" long by 1.5" wide by .52" tall (at its outer edge as it tapers to a lower height as it gets closer to the fender-to-hood seam). The sides are taper shaped, the 1.5" is measured at the antenna mount and it tapers to a slightly narrower 1.25" width at its front and rear faces.

095-2.jpg

1987-93 Mustang GT lower front facia showing the 'gills' are actually open, versus the closed moldings that Revell gives us on the 87-92GT and the 1993 Cobra offerings.

097-2.jpg

I hope these have been at least slightly helpful. Once the camera/computer/photobucket/here all play nice, I will have a boatload more reference pics from under the hood, with the hatch open, and maybe even some from under the car.

Edited by whale392

Well Rick, I have an 83 GLX vert, and 84 GT Turbo, and an 86 GT TTop car right here in my driveway and garage I could start snapping pics of when I am done with the 1991 GT! A friend drives a 1980 Coupe that I am sure he would let me get some shots of as well!