Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flareside "At least I have phat rims"

Since I have like zero confidence with my builds after seeing all the skill thats here on the forum and not being sure i ever finish the builds i have pretty much considered myself

done with this one, so sorry but no wip pics taken. The theme was ragged truck with efforts spent on rims, my first weathering attempt (failed since I used enamel paint for salt technique and it didnt work for the removal) Anyways after this wall of text comes the pics. Be gentle with me :unsure: .

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

By the pics it appears the weathering to have turned out great. At least you made the effort at weathering which is more than I can say for myself. Keep building, its the skills on this site that keep pushing me to build and try something new each time.

At least you had the guts to try weathering and know what it is going to take to get the results you want next time. I'm sure most of us have made failed attempts at new modifications. We just learn to either do it or that it's something beyond our current skill level and go on to the next thing. You are always going to be your biggest critic. That's natural. Just learn from what you see wrong and don't be afraid to ask anyone for suggestions or tips. This site can be your best friend and educational tool!

I don't really know what's so bad about this. I see some very good basic building skills here as well. Don't get discouraged if something isn't perfect the first time.

That exhaust looks well used and at home on a truck like this. You did an excellent weathering job on it. If you are going for the look of buying a beater and restoring it, I'd say you have done pretty good for yourself.

Edited by Skydime

Nice! Don't worry about a 'lack of skills'... You're doing just fine!

Your weathering looks good, very realistic. You paid good attention to the basics and followed through with a good finish. (Painters will say, "Your top coat is only as good as your base coat...") Now, if you want a little constructive critique, (if someone pointed this out before, I apologize...) and I only point it out because I've done it before... The only thing I see that you might have missed is the seam on the tranmission. It isn't noticable when on its wheels but it is there. Like I said, this isn't a dig on the truck or your skills, just an FYI. Cheers! :)