Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need a club in Southwest Florida

The economy got worse here. The County started taking 3% for a retirement fund for employees. Courts say illegal and now the County has to pay the money back plus interest. Citrus County has no idea where they'll get another million or so. Maybe a raise in the millage rate for higher taxes.

Kits? Cheap? Of course I'm interested. Locally it's either Rob's Hobby World or Hobby Lobby.

OK, lets get one started in the naples-ft. myers area,, I'm in lehigh,,I dont know anyone in lee county doing model cars,,its all

golf, planes, or RC,, Like to hear from some local builders,, Nothing else, maybe we can swap some parts and a couple good lies..HAHA..

I think if we all put our heads together maybe we can organize a big FLA. STATE-WIDE model club, and then have a yearly NNL Style Show that moves around the State from year to year. One year in Orlando, one year in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, one year in JAX, one year in PENSACOLA . . . well, you get the point. And TAMPA too.

We tried organizing the FLA builders with the Model Car Builders of Florida club last year (maybe year before). We had a couple dozen people doing an online thing and a few members met each other face to face. The club, sadly, was going nowhere. Fortunately, we were able to organize the Florida Auto & Scale Trucks (FAST) club and we're going strong.

OK, lets get one started in the naples-ft. myers area,, I'm in lehigh,,I dont know anyone in lee county doing model cars,,its all

golf, planes, or RC,, Like to hear from some local builders,, Nothing else, maybe we can swap some parts and a couple good lies..HAHA..

I'm in Bonita Springs, so I'm game.

let me get a list worked up...looks like 8 to 10 in this area already....now work schedules are another story.....

let me get a list worked up...looks like 8 to 10 in this area already....now work schedules are another story.....

I'm in Naples, too. Since I started this thread, I guess I better step up to the plate. We should at least get an initial meeting together and discuss whether it's worthwhile. Mike - if you have a list of people and their locations, maybe you could tell us what's a midway point between us all.

I'm in Lehigh,,ft myers,fl, been here about 40 some yrs,, only think i've seen is golf, RC, and more golf,, i don't even know anyone in lee county that does model cars,, it would be nice,,

The hobby stores here are mostly trains, or RC, a few models,,

As for a model club in this area,,that would be the greatest thing ever happen,,,