Model Cars Magazine Forum

K100 Can Do Wrecker

Unbelievable, David! I would never have thought of doing this. Great concept and so many excellent details, like the yellow insides to the airhorns ( I guess you hollowed them out?) Also glad to see that like me, you like to sand the tyres to take off the rubber shine. Also like the mini magazines inside the cab. The whole thing sits really nicely, too, and that's a lot of axles to line up. What a rig - love it.

Unbelievable, David! I would never have thought of doing this. Great concept and so many excellent details, like the yellow insides to the airhorns ( I guess you hollowed them out?) Also glad to see that like me, you like to sand the tyres to take off the rubber shine. Also like the mini magazines inside the cab. The whole thing sits really nicely, too, and that's a lot of axles to line up. What a rig - love it.

Hi simon thanks glad you like it yes the horns were hollowed out and filled underneath . The tyres were sanded and then wethered with cement dust ! The magazines came from the scale images out of Truck model World magazine. The axels where a pain in the you know what ha ha I broke 3 wheels off while building it so they have been pinned with brass rod . Ive always wanted to do this build as soon as i saw the can do wrecker it took about 6 months to finish her and im very happy with how it tured out.

Thanks for looking

looking great. how did you do the hinges on the lockers?

Hi al the hinged doors were pinned with brass rod some very fiddley drilling into the posts they do all work but I try not to open them very often as the post are very fragile if I do another I wont be opening the doors!

• 3 weeks later...