Model Cars Magazine Forum

ford 9000 project

was on the road for a year with my brother in a 2000 kenworth t2000 areodyne sleeper.i saw a lot of trucks i almost had the job wife wanted to patch things up.but that is the closest ford 9000 truck with the sleeper i saw.that truck is amazing.but its like the 1:1 i saw out there.i love trucks period they keep everything going no matter where you live.if you drive eat it ware it or watch it they all came on a truck at some point.incrediable build

Ok, I almost bought into this one. Here we see what looks like a model of the Ford 9000 but the details are too good to be true! Even photo etched parts don't look that good. What I think he did was build a really great background diorama and just parked a real customized Ford 9000 in such a position as to make it look like a model.

Either that or it is one heck of a beautiful piece of work! :lol:

thanks for all the great comments guys.......the sleeper on this one is just a curbside. original plan was full detail inside but due to time constraints it didn't happen. i will be doing my 1/16th scale condo inside and out though. that project will be a ways down the road, maybe next year???????

the hood insulation is done using matte aluminum bare metal foil, tamiya chrome silver and a black sharpie. thanks again for all the comments and hopefully i will see a few of you guys at a future show.

• 2 weeks later...

Blowns10, I love what you've done so far and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one crazy enough to do this idea on a Ford. Here's a pic of my WIP:

HPIM1690.jpg

I stretched my stock kit sleeper to a 180 inch, mine is also a curbside, and my next will be closer to what you built, converting the stock kit sleeper was a pain in the blank! By the way, what did you make the Qualcom roof dish from? It looks so real!

Edited by highway

• 4 weeks later...

here is a trailer update for the ford. all scratchbuilt drop deck with hydraulic extending sides. trailer will be hauling a 1/25th scale tamiya british tank. a few more details and odds and ends and the trailer will be finished. hope to have everything done by nnl east next weekend. here are a few progress pics....

misc150.jpg

misc157.jpg

misc153.jpg

misc155.jpg

Nice detail on the trailer. They wood looks slightly used.

Where did you get the tank? I've been looking for a "reasonably priced" T-34 in 1/25.

tamiya has reissued the 1/25 t-34. it costs about 60 bucks. i found this one at a show opened but complete for 45 bucks. great price considering it has all the engine and interior detail included.

tamiya has reissued the 1/25 t-34. it costs about 60 bucks. i found this one at a show opened but complete for 45 bucks. great price considering it has all the engine and interior detail included.

I never even knew anyone made 1:24(25) scale tanks! The one on your truck looks great, blowns10. Does anyone know if they also offer an M1A1 Abrahms in 1:24(25) scale?

Hello there,

Thats why this guy wanted sush a huge sleeper!!

His load is so expensive that he don't even want to leave his truck behind him to go for a diner !!! B):P;):blink::lol:

I am not at all fan of big gans and weapons, but this FORD with its custom trailer looks great full loaded army equipment!!!

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas

That combo is simply AWESOME AND AMAZING!!! I love what you did to the truck and I love exotic flatbed loads. I have an entire list of trailer/load combinations including armor, heavy equipment and railroad engines and cars. It's good to know that 1/25 scale armor is available again! Thanks for sharing this build with us, it is outstanding!

• 3 weeks later...