Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt COE Unilite W.I.P.

What's goin' on...

If you're getting back into building trucks/trailers consider looking into Plastruct Diamond Plate 1/100 for future projects. I like the catwalk you built for the chassis but I think the tread plate pattern is out of scale. If you paint that identical to your friend's 352 that will be a heck of a good looking project! I agree w/ the others keep the progress pictures coming!!!

Hi there,

Scott,you´re right,the diamond plate is out of scale......it was some evergreen plate......I have to take a look at our hobbyshop next time if he has some of the Plastruct thing for sale.Thanks for the info.....I could build the rest of the truck and add the correct plate later on.

And thanks to all for the nice compliments...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

first lt me thank you for your compliments.

Here´s a small update on this truck.I just got most of the frame and also the Cab painted.I have to retouch some small parts on the brown paint but it´s not so muich work.Tomorrow I´ll finish painting the frame and also the rims and the engine....

352uni023.jpg

More pictures will follow on sunday evening before I start with the weathering of the frame....

Cheers,Chris

Thank you I only compet with myself , looking for that one hole group. I have a 22-250 and a 308 that will do it but my friend just got a 45X scope for his 6mm BR and you could see alot of movement in the old bench even with the legs 4 feet in the ground so we built new benches . They are 6" thick ,the legs are 8" and in the ground 24", we are not done with them more pics to come. Back to the truck models I am going to try and go take more engine pics of the old Autocar it's just a mile up the road at a friends house.

Hi there,

again I made some progress on the Pete.I painted some parts like the aircondition and added them to the truck.Also finished wireing the engine,it will be painted tomorrow.Also I´ll start with the weathering,tomorrow.

Here are some pics.

352uni030.jpg

352uni031.jpg

352uni032.jpg

352uni033.jpg

352uni034.jpg

More progress will come,soon

crashalot2,thanks for the pictures.....The engine is wired now.

Cheers,Chris

Hi there,

again I made some progress on my Pete.I painted and weathered the interior.First I made some changes to the dash to let it look different to the one from the kit and look more like the original....Okay,it´s not 100% correct but a little bit :rolleyes:.I also added some magazines etc. to the cab.

352uni046.jpg

352uni047.jpg

352uni049.jpg

352uni053.jpg

The dash will get some light weathering,too.

I added the mudflaps and some other details to the frame,It´s not finished but nearly done.

352uni059.jpg

352uni063.jpg

I think it will be finished next weekend.

Cheers,Chris

Hi Chris

man.. you,ve done a wonderful Detailing ...it look,s very Real.

The idea , to Built Two Truck,s of the ...Oldstyle and Twist Trucking company.... :o was Great and it makes Me a lot of FUN.

Hope You ready in the Next week ? B)

here is One Shot of MY finished Truck...more Pic,s in The next time...closer with Your,s

cheers

Uwe

6261663064376238.jpg

Chris, the truck keeps looking better and better. I noticed on the rear plate of your truck is a current style of California plate. If you're looking for a period correct plate, click on the link. This black plate would be more appropiate for this year of truck. Also, California only requires a plate on the front of big trucks, they don't need them on the rear. The reg tags are placed on the front plate so it more visible when they run through the scales.

Here's how California Commercial plates are set up if you print your own:

60'- early 70's

Black plate Yellow letters: 25872G (5 numbers then 1 letter)

70's - 80's

Blue plate Yellow letters: 1A12345 (1 number, 1 Letter, 5 numbers)

90's - Current

White reflective, Blue letters, Red California: 4Y78329 (same format as previous series)

Darrly's Plate Restoration