Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '13 Mustang Boss 302

martinfan5

I have the gott have it green from scalefinishes.com jameston has this color you are looking for and i the pic above it sure looks like the cut outs to me in the kit. Maybe the Lugna Saca might be in the work also hope so??

Edited by IMPALASS89

Those pics of the kit look really good! little disappointed it now won't be released til the end of this month,how did Martinfan5 get a hold of one?

Think he won a Facebook contest or something.

Revell air freights over a case or two of each new kit to send out for magazine reviews or whatever, his probably came from that.

Think he won a Facebook contest or something.

Revell air freights over a case or two of each new kit to send out for magazine reviews or whatever, his probably came from that.

Brett, yes , you are correct, it was apart of the Auto Show back in January, they were giving out the 2015 Mustangs, well the lady that contacted me said I could chose a kit from the catalog, since I was already planning on getting this one, I asked, she yes, but I would have to wait.

Wow.

There really is a lot more new tooling than one might have expected here. The suspension tree looks fresh for a rear end to accept a separate diff cover, so maybe the ride height's been tweaked a bit too. Fan shroud, anti-roll bars, shocks and suspension links all have new tree arrangements as compared to shots of a Revell '10.

No idea why they 'd go with a completely new body shell, chassis pan, and interior, but I sure ain't ruling it out till I see it now...

Looks nice.

I was given a '10, but have been a little hestitant to do much with it because of the ride-height and not being sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Charlie Larkin

Cut two coils off the springs. May have to work on front tire to inner fender clearance.

Any chance we can get a build up/review on this from you or is this kit being put in the stash for a later day?

If you ask nicely :lol: , I will get started on it a week or so, I need to figured what color I want for the body, which I am leaning towards the Got To Have It Green

That color is growing on me..I'm thinking of getting two of them, probably one stock in maybe in School Bus Yellow ('70 Boss style) and maybe one non-stock in matte black w/ matte black wheels and gloss black graphics....

I like the idea of the matte on matte

I've seen a couple of these locally in"Grabber Blue" & one that's a yellowish orange I noticed a can of spray in Tamiya paint that's really close to this color, but for the life of me can't remember the color or number. Personally I liked the blue ones best, but I did see a"generic"Mustang in a green that's close to GM's Synergy Green if it's available on the 5.0 that's the color I'd go for.

I've seen a couple of these locally in"Grabber Blue" & one that's a yellowish orange I noticed a can of spray in Tamiya paint that's really close to this color, but for the life of me can't remember the color or number. Personally I liked the blue ones best, but I did see a"generic"Mustang in a green that's close to GM's Synergy Green if it's available on the 5.0 that's the color I'd go for.

Might be TS 56, Brilliant Orange.

Putting things in perspective regarding "molded-in wipers" and the whatnot ; back in late 1986 , our own Tim Boyd reviewed the then-new 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe . That was a state-of-the-art kit for its time ! It was leaps and bounds above the offerings from every other U.S. kit manufacturer ; yet , today , this same kit is now considered a "Basic Builder" !!!

Tim , please feel free to chime in here and correct me if you feel I need be ( :) ) . I remember that Tim's fix to the 1987 Thunderbird kit's ride height was to oval-out the wheelbacks ! Not really a good idea on these newer crop of more-chassis-detailled-orineted kits (brake rotors / calipres were but a dream back in 1986 on a U.S. kit !) , but that technique worked great for the time it was done in .

Edited by 1972coronet

• 4 weeks later...