Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Well... this is my 1st post/reply but i have to tell you how amazed I am.

Just went through the entire topic and seeing your work coming together is such a delight to the eyes. Best work i've seen, ever!!

You deserve all the credits and congratulations for such a beautiful construction.

I'll be initiating on the model kit construction as soon as my 1st kit arrives and i only hope to be half as good as you in the future.

Congratulations on your hard work and keep the updates coming as we are thirst for your knowledge ;)

Bill, I am waiting for some aluminum body panels to start showing themselves..... Lol

Oh, and a machined steering wheel to match the rims with a wood rim like the shifter....

Sounds like a challenge.... what about it ,Bill? Looks to me like you're up to it...

Bill... I had to catch up on this build and you have me picking my jaw off the floor. I am so speechless at the moment. You have me so impressed with your building skills and talent. That rack and pinion is just amazing.... Everything is just amazing. You have set the bar so high for all of us. You are making me want to step my building up even higher on my next build. Thank for always showing us your work an how you do it.

Just had the pleasure of seeing the latest rendition of the billuminum cuda in person at our monthly KC Slammers meeting. Even though it's been said many times before; this thing looks even cooler in person. The steering u-joint is so small it's hard to appreciate with the naked eye, yet it is fully functional and surprisingly stout. There's not a part on this car that isn't just totally amazing.

Bill does make good stuff

Bill......this is Rock`n buddy.........very cool. :)

hey John, thanks buddy!!

Those U joints are magnificent Bill. Please share with us the process it took to make them. They're so lifelike just like the rest of this build.

hey Brad, I appreciate it, I did the yoke and the ends of the drive shaft using several cuts on the mill as well as drilling for the U-joints and then to the lathe for the rest, the U-joint itself are 4 pieces, starting with 3/32 aluminum rod drilling the holes, and using 1 long and 2 short pieces for the (cups), putting the long one through the center piece on one end and adding the yoke by installing the short pieces with a drop of CA in the right places so it will stay together yet still move, I hope this makes sense! lol thanks again Brad

Amazing work !!!

thanks so much Jim

Hey buddy, we all knew you'd knock this one out of the park, but, my God, Bill, this is getting serious.

BTW, I'd stick with the billuminum shaft over the carbon fiber. The welds look too cool to remove.

you make good stuff

I all ways appreciate your opinion Alyn, I do like the welds too! thanks bro

its really geting scary real now :)

thanks for checkin in Richard

Phenomenal, Bill. Every bit of it. What a pleasure to see...

-Art

really appreciate that Art, looking forward to meeting you and seeing your work in May!!

Dont think any of us could have said it better

thanks Brett

pretty sweet what color is the body gonna be? seeing how you have a good looking chassis now. Suggestion? Silver to go with the aluminum

thanks Jake, not sure about the color yet, got a long way to go yet

Thats was a well-spent 3 hours reading through this thread. More, more, more!!! 8)

3 hours? lol thanks kc!

Well... this is my 1st post/reply but i have to tell you how amazed I am.

Just went through the entire topic and seeing your work coming together is such a delight to the eyes. Best work i've seen, ever!!

You deserve all the credits and congratulations for such a beautiful construction.

I'll be initiating on the model kit construction as soon as my 1st kit arrives and i only hope to be half as good as you in the future.

Congratulations on your hard work and keep the updates coming as we are thirst for your knowledge ;)

that is very kind of you Fausto, thank you so much

I feel like I build with my feet when I look at Bill's work...... :o

oh c'mon now John I've seen your work!!

Bill, you are now my favorite modeler and source of inspiration on this forum.

You have set the bar so high, I may have to find a new hobby. KB

really appreciate that Ken! glad you are enjoying it

Awesome work, it's amazing, simply amazing the detail going into this.

thank you Jonathan

X2

:) thanks bro

An inspiration to all. Awesome job.

thanks Russ

Bill, I am waiting for some aluminum body panels to start showing themselves..... Lol

Oh, and a machined steering wheel to match the rims with a wood rim like the shifter....

lol, wow Fred, this is hard enough for me with out extra challenges, some thing to think about ;)

WOW! Very impressive Mr. Davis.

thanks James

Bill your work on this build is immeasurable..... Brother you have talent coming out your --- hole...lol....

thanks T! means a lot

Unreal Bill, amazing stuff.

appreciate that Joe, hope the hand is healing good!!

I agree with Fastback340 about building with feet compared to your work, only I'm using two left feet...........

Keep it comin'.

not hardly Dave, wild willie is looking awesome! thanks man

Sounds like a challenge.... what about it ,Bill? Looks to me like you're up to it...

hi Paul, this whole thing has been a challenge with out more challenges lol, you never know

Bill... I had to catch up on this build and you have me picking my jaw off the floor. I am so speechless at the moment. You have me so impressed with your building skills and talent. That rack and pinion is just amazing.... Everything is just amazing. You have set the bar so high for all of us. You are making me want to step my building up even higher on my next build. Thank for always showing us your work an how you do it.

really appreciate that Chris, means a lot bro!

hi im new on the forum and ive sort of been following this build. but HOLY SMOKES !! this thing is beyond amazing you have stunned me keep up the amazing work man B)

thanks so much Robert

Fantastic work, Bill!!!

hey Dirk, all ways appreciate you checking in, thanks so much my friend

Just had the pleasure of seeing the latest rendition of the billuminum cuda in person at our monthly KC Slammers meeting. Even though it's been said many times before; this thing looks even cooler in person. The steering u-joint is so small it's hard to appreciate with the naked eye, yet it is fully functional and surprisingly stout. There's not a part on this car that isn't just totally amazing.

Bill does make good stuff

all ways enjoy visiting at the meetings, it was great to see the wrecker! wow!! you are too kind buddy

Seeing your work reminds of when I was a teenager. Back then in the mid 60s there was a gentleman named Manuel Olive I believe. His work was all scratch built, and was absolutely incredible. Just wondering if anyone here remembers him. People like you guys are very rare, the rest of us can only stand in awe. Thanks for sharing these updates with us they are a real treat.

Edited by rtc552