Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Chevy Pick Up

I would have flipped the colors. The "heavier" color (blue) on the bottom, the "lighter" color (silver) on top.

On a semi-related note, have you ever thought it strange that a large number of factory 2-tone paint jobs put the darker color on the roof? If it was me, most of the time, I would've asked them to be inverted, or scheduled an appointment with the dealer's body shop for a custom two-tone.

Charlie Larkin

hi !!!

many thanks to all of you !!! the chevy mades so much problems and i hope i can built it with that style i want???

all the rims are handmade about aluminum on my late.

first color what you see on the pic are from house of kolor - but that paintjob would be not so good i want. on the pic pf the bed you see the last color i need and this is tamiya ts 51.

greets juergen

hi modellers !!!

NOW IT`S READY !!!

i made a top chop on it and lowered the truck. the rims are handmade by me on my late. the bottom of the bed was made about wood and allclad painted styrene detailed with 1 mm rivets. painted with tamiya and clearcoat, little bmf application´s, real lights are selfmade.

3630323165653664.jpg

6130643461306366.jpg

6535333839343736.jpg

3764313765393862.jpg

happy modeling

greets juergen

Juergen, There ya go kidd-o, ANOTHER GREAT build!!! I really do look forward to seeing what comes off your bench next, they ALL come out so well.You sure got the knack Daddy-O. ya'd think you lived in HERE, the way you build, not in Austria!

Your builds are SO downright American that you'd be GLAD to see these rides in "Anytown" U.S.A.! This just goes to show that Hot Rods AREN'T JUST an American thing!ANOTHER GREAT build Brother, You da Mook!!!! :D:);)

hi george !

so many thanks to your great compliments. you know i love all your cars and i´t would be a dream to life in your great contry to see all days the great look of this cars. a little dreaming comes up when i can start my 68 firebird to the us car shows in the spring of 2010.

so many greets to the good old usa!!!

juergen

• 3 years later...