Model Cars Magazine Forum

Went home at lunch to let the dog out, but really b/c I knew they had dropped boxes on my doorstep

The F 40 has landed

image.jpg1_15.jpg

Man my kitchen is messy, sorry

image.jpg2_8.jpg

http://s92.photobucket.com/user/twokidsnosleep/media/Fujimi%20F40%20Build%20one%20sixteenth%20scale/image.jpg1_16.jpg.html]image.jpg1_16.jpg

Funnily enough my wife is on the warpath.....doesn't think it should be on the kitchen table

Gheese, women

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Went home at lunch to let the dog out, but really b/c I knew they had dropped boxes on my doorstep

The F 40 has landed

Funnily enough my wife is on the warpath.....doesn't think it should be on the kitchen table

Gheese, women

Warpath? You ain't seen nuthin' if she finds the charges for all the plastic you bought in the last 2 months..................

I am actually kinda stoked with this F40.

Metal body, lots of detail. Not so bad, Cato it looks really cool.

We shall see what the Testarossa looks like when it comes in a couple days.

This Pocher has had an obvious fall and the front splitter and grill damaged as well as the hinge for the hood broken away. There are sprue marks and seam lines left on many parts.

The rear window is loose, body alignment is off ? bent and the RR sags too much... likely a suspension issue. Some loose rattly parts inside engine bay as well.

Now I have to contemplate if I tear it apart and fully restore or patch it up. I want to do the former but not yet.

For now, I will probably leave it as is and display it in my private office at work until we move into the new home where I will have my new shop space

image.jpg2_9.jpg

I think I better make some nice big display shelves for these suckers....they are HUGE!!!!!

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

I disagree; the classics are the better, more rewarding experience based on my Roller experience. No going from one box to another, build after build. It kicks my butt to stretch farther than anything other than the Cobra. Hope you come over to the classics.

The Roller's been 14 months with at least as many to go I think. I'll be lost when it's 'done'.

I didn't state the "glad I didn't get too deep into classics" very well.

I did not mean I dislike the classics, rather that I am glad I didn't start the first kit I purchased and get over my head. I knew so little about them and it is a started and hacked up kit. In fact, I first learned about Pocher from you and the RR build.

So more "too deep over my head" would have been better verbiage.

Not dishing the classic Pochers in any way shape or form, more that I am not ready skill and experience wise to build them as they deserve.

Capisce ???

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

I get you and a sensible approach.

But I have seen enough of your work to tell you this; you have enough skills so you can build a very credible big classic with diligent reference. Nobody's first one is as good as their second one but you will have an amazing thing to look at even built close to box-stock. Much more visually rewarding than the sports car series.

And all the Koo how-to and online advice you can get will lift you above that level.

But you seem to like doing less-time consuming builds more frequently and I understand that. Many enjoy a shorter attention- span project

I have provided 460+ photos and text and I'm sure Harry is an even better source of advice (he's built 6 or 7 I think to my 2) so there's plenty of hand-holding if you need it.

Which I doubt.

Rant over....... :)

I looked at your early RR workspace photos and though holy smokes those things take up a lot of room!

Now I have a built 1/8 and think "This thing is a monster!!!"

With planning a house knockdown and rebuild, I am in the position of being in limbo for likely over a year....not so sure where we will live during construction. Been spending money on kits to build a reserve....because won't want to spend much or have anything left after house build

So you are dead on.

I am doing shorter builds, gaining skills, collecting kits, reading and designing a smoking nice hobby-workshop space. Mostly time and space issues keeping me from tackling the Alfas.....and a short attention span, yes

But there will be time in the future as kids get older.....

Understood.

But I will tell you, my Rolls sat in basement for a year before laying-out. I spent that time studying, visualizing and planning my look and soaking-up the 'culture' of how these get built and modified. You can do that too while your 'life stuff' goes on. Sure, kid time is important. But mine are adults and the closest I have is 'grand kid time'.

I hear you about a classy workshop. It's my one regret. However, I got this far in my home office, on a drafting table and two card tables. PIA yes, but it can be done.

On my list

the designer just drew out the space and threw in a bench on the wall

I have been working on how to incorporate my equipment and benches and cabinets etc looking at houzz and pinterest

Things are still changing as we get ready to take it for city approval, still have some sqft to shave,so I didn't want to get too far ahead

There is a roll up garage door that I want to change to a big sliding barn door, the stairs have changed as well

I think i will get them to sheath the whole space in plywood and let me do the cabinets and such

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Ryan, good to hear form you

Nope, I have not done anything on it, but interestingly enough last week I brought the kit from my work storage cupboard to the house we are renting.

I was fondling the parts this very past weekend....you must be psychic!!

I am finishing a diorama build for a Star Wars group build and then want to get back to the F40 Fujimi and the Pocher engine at the same time. Lots of work to make it look good, but it can be done!

The metal transkits are pricey, I contacted the guys in Germany and you CAN get the full transkit ....$1300  That is a bit too much for me at this point

Fire up a WIP or post your updates, love to see what you do with it.

Cheers Man, Scott