Model Cars Magazine Forum

GSL Pictures

That's it! I'm officially jealous. When is the next one? I want to go.

Besides, I didn't see any Corvettes so I have a cause to defend.... :)

Congratulations to my buddy Simon for winning the small scale with the Ferrari 312T. But I' not surprised :wink:

Nor I'm surprised at Mark Jones blue Seven winning best of show.

Congratulations to all!

Thanks,

Thanks Gregg for posting pics from the show including the awards pictures. People pictures don't carry much weight in a car mag, but having them availiable is a great thing! Besides, now I can prove to my wife that I DID go to SLC. :D

Izzy, there were a few Corvettes two of them took places in box stock or maybe it was box plus.... Maybe you should consider mailing a car for the next show? (or yourself.... just poke a few holes in the box first.)

Izzy, there were a few Corvettes two of them took places in box stock or maybe it was box plus.... Maybe you should consider mailing a car for the next show? (or yourself.... just poke a few holes in the box first.)

That would be one heck of a box :D

That would be one heck of a box

Be sure to pack your instructions if you intend to be "out of the box"...

I know, Boo..., Hiss..., where's a rim shot when you need one...

Leave it to Mark to be the model example of bad puns...

Thanks for posting Gregg. Lot of fun to look through those pictures!

But...Were there no NASCAR models :?: I didn't see one in the photos (though I'm not done going through them yet...)

Would you mind if I saved a copy of these to our Club Fotki account?

gsl07_1056.jpg

gsl07_1132.jpg

gsl07_1145.jpg

There's alot of pictures with our guys! Jim, Vince, Ron, probably more...I didn't think there would be that many when I started posting them! Too many to continue posting...But can I PLEASE save a copy to tnmcc.fotki.com ?

Thanks Gregg!

Billy,

There were NO NASCAR models entered this year. The racecar section was the smallest that I remember ever seeing compared to the last half dozen shows! Most popular sections seemed to be Customs, Street Rods and small scale.

Numbers of entrants were down some and the overall high quality seemed slightly down as well. A lot of the "big dogs" seem to be waiting for GSL XXII... or maybe they are simply tired of competing. It takes a lot of work and time to build a competing model for that show!

This is not to say that Best of Show winner Mark D. Jones didn't deserve the win! That car could have won 8 out of the last 10 shows if it had been present. It was the clear winner in my opinion and well chosen by the judges. It's just that there didn't seem to be any strong competitors willing to step up to the plate against Mark's Caterham.

Makes me wonder if he scared them all off by posting the pictures on the Forum ahead of the show??? (It’s just a thought)

Billy, the pictures can probably be added to your photo account. Gregg is not up yet as we stayed up pretty late last night.... but I think he "watermarked' the pictures just for that very reason. So, go for it!

:D

GSL has a reputation for being a custom and rod oriented show. I am not too surprised that there are so few race cars (with the obvious exception of Drag Racing class). After the 2005 Virtue/Corvette GS fiasco :evil: I would expect the race cars to stay away in droves. I am always game for any contest myself :D but I hear a lot of chatter amongst modelbuilders that is not complimentary to GSL and that is a shame. It is obviously a great contest but it has earned a certain rep. I will certainly go back and I will try to convince others to go. It is a good time. :D

Wow! I'm always amazed when I see coverage from GSL. The models are always great (I especially liked the 300 SL and the pair of Studes). One of these days, I just might make the trek to Utah..... great job on the pics.